Piper Canopy Cover Snaps or Straps

brien23

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Brien
Looking for a PA-32 300 Canopy Cover what works best snaps or straps. Also any good places to buy one.

The covers with the snaps blow off in high winds. Mine has straps and stays in place. Pretty well. The is a company in Salisbury Md. That makes very good covers but I cannot remeber the name. Perhaps Planecover.com. ????????. Not sure. Will try to get the name for you.

straps. Don't drill unnecessary holes in the plane. And get a cover that comes all the way down to the wing and covers the whole door.

Straps con: in high wind or even moderate wind, the straps will chafe, wearing the paint.

My cover with snaps never came off in high winds.

I've done both and prefer straps, even with the minor annoyance of having to get the straps under the airplane. Snaps are permanently sized, so they're either too tight when you first get it or too lose once the canvas stretches.

I've done both and prefer straps, even with the minor annoyance of having to get the straps under the airplane. Snaps are permanently sized, so they're either too tight when you first get it or too lose once the canvas stretches.

And they are a PITA to put on.

I'll take the straps any day, even when I must place a piece of anti chaff tape under the buckles.

Straps con: in high wind or even moderate wind, the straps will chafe, wearing the paint.

My cover with snaps never came off in high winds.

Put a twist or three in the straps to confound the god Bernoulli. Doesn't get rid of all the chafe, but some.

+1 for planecover.com, got good after-the-buy customer service just this week.

It is Ground Tech and their website is Planecover.com. Their straps have a rubber pad behind the buckles to prevent scratching. Mine has been outside for the last 5 years and no signs of chafing paint. Would love to have a hangar but none are available. Maybe soon.

Back