Piper Archer winterization plate

cowman

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cowman
I had my annual on the archer done back in dec and had them install the oil cooler plate at that time. Didn't see what they did.

It needs to come off now for the warmer weather. Is this something I can just do myself in a couple minutes with normal tools? Haven't been out to look but I assume I just take the cowl off, follow the air tube back to the oil cooler and maybe remove a couple screws, detach plate, reconnect air tube?

Any log entries or anything special required for this?

Simple procedure,doesn't require log book entry.

It was very simple, only thing was I should have brought a 90 degree bend screwdriver. Couldn't get the bottom 2 screws so I ended up having to call the FBO for help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 64
It was very simple, only thing was I should have brought a 90 degree bend screwdriver. Couldn't get the bottom 2 screws so I ended up having to call the FBO for help.

I never bother with the two bottom screws - just an anniyance, as you discovered.

Hmmmm, mine looks nothing like that on the Arrow.

Only requires removing the plate from it's storage location and loosening a hose clamp. But the hose can be a PITA at times.

All the Cherokees that I'm familiar with (earlier models) don't even require removal of the cowling. Just a couple of screws and yer done. :D

Back