Piper Archer seat adjustment

Big_Mike

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Mike
Total n00b here. Just started taking lessons and have a whole hour under my belt so far. So, please excuse me if this is just a "duh" type of question.

Is there an adjustment for the seat back of an Archer II ? I spent my first lesson reclined the entire time. Searching online, all I find is information about a gas strut in some of the seats that goes bad.

Thanks!

Big Mike from Jersey?

anyways, yes, there should be a way to adjust the seat, both forward and back as well as angling the back rest (and on some planes, you can also adjust up and down). look on either side of the back rest where it connects to the seat portion, there should be a 'handly type looking thingamajiggy' that you can move and it should notch forward or back. something like that, it's been a while since I adjusted a seat in an archer but I'm pretty sure that's about right.

That’s about right. The pilot side seat adjusts with a little lever down near the hinge - it should be on the left side IIRC. The pax side seat has a release knob about half way up the seatback and a recline adjustment lever similar to the one on the pilot side.

Big, get used to the idea of asking your instructor things like this. That's why you're paying him. Getting properly seated is part of flight prep.

Not from Jersey. I'm in the frigid plains. Omaha.

Figured it was pretty simple, but we were in such a hurry to get in the plane and out of the -7c / 14k wind, didn't have much time to fiddle with the seat.

Thanks everyone! Much appreciated!

There’s a bar across the front below the seat pan - raise that to pull the locking pins which allows the seat to slide fore and aft. Make darn sure the locking pins re-engage after the bar is released. The height adjustment involves pressing a knob mounted on a lever on the front of the seat frame below the seat pan. It should be on the right side for the pilot IIRC. Ya gotta get yer weight off the seat to allow it to move up.

There’s a bar across the front below the seat pan - raise that to pull the locking pins which allows the seat to slide fore and aft. Make darn sure the locking pins re-engage after the bar is released. The height adjustment involves pressing a knob mounted on a lever on the front of the seat frame below the seat pan. It should be on the right side for the pilot IIRC. Ya gotta get yer weight off the seat to allow it to move up.

he didn't ask about any of that*

*see, I can start sht for no reason too!

you're right. I well start self medicating now.

clark1961,
So far you seem like you have some intel on the seats.

I just picked up a pathfinder and the seat is ridiculously high; I think I have found the bottom that adjust it on the right side of the seat, however, I have yet do get the seat to drop in height....
Is anything else required to actuate that button and thus drop the seat down?

Back