Pinnacle Software

I have used it to make some "movies" (slide shows).
Simple to use, but when outputting your project, you have to watch the way you do it.
The default on mine at least is to save it in the Pinnacle format which then no one else can view unless they have it. Other than that it is fine.

Not impressed here. Slow, memory hog. Took hours to render a 30 minute dvd.

anyone using? I have questions.
formats
versions
usage

I have Pinnacle Studio 8, Dave, and used it to make that video of you leaving 52F in 4703V... but I'm using Adobe Premier Pro now, on the recommendation of others here at POA.

What questions do you have about formats / versions / usage?

I'm leery of them after my last experience. I bought a tuner card and the software was crappy. It seemed that they expected their users to be beta testers. It took them around six months to release an update. It's more stable, but still has flaws.

I've been using Premiere Elements after some bad experiences with Pinnacle. If I ever need to do video for serious projects I'd probably go with Premiere.

hmmm thanks
Versions; fil said he had trouble with some new upgrades so he stuck with an older one, maybe 8. Just wondering about it.

Compatibility. Probably a lot more important. What are the limits? Can I download ANY video from any camera, internet site, dvd, cd, and work with it? If not, which are compatibile with Pinnacle.

Also what finished product file types are available with Pinnacle, I don't want to save to a ".useless" file type, I want ANYONE to be able to see what I have completed, (mac puters too!)[oh, come on you know I'm kidding!]

These other types, can they do what P. can do such as take three views and cut/splice segments of each to the final edit? Can they also dub in audio.....or perserve the audio from a video despite all the cutting and splicing of the video (I think P can do this.)

I will be doing no more than home movies so I can watch flying, when I can't fly. :D

I had Pinnacle several years ago and got them to refund the money after a while. The software was OK, but they couldn't get their firewire card to work on my machine. Bought aother company's card and a difference software package and all worked. My daughter has a communications degree with an emphasis on broadcast production and she likes Pinnacle. I don't do enough video editing to have an informed position. But I sure burn through still photographs. Photoshop Elements is my current tool of choice there.

Back