Pilots of America welcomes Ron Levy as its Pilot Training Moderator

Greebo

N9017H - C172M (1976)
Display Name

Display name:
Retired Evil Overlord
Pilots of America would like to extend a warm welcome to Ron Levy as the official moderator of the Pilot Training forum.

Ron brings thousands of hours of flying experience and many many years teaching experience to our forums. We are honored to have him on board!

Welcome, Ron!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Pilots of America welcomes Ron Levy as it's Pilot Training Moderator

Yaaay!!!! Welcome, Ron. Don't spend all your pay in one place!! :rofl:

Greebo said:
Pilots of America would like to extend a warm welcome to Ron Levy as the official moderator of the Pilot Training forum.

Ron brings thousands of hours of flying experience and many many years teaching experience to our forums. We are honored to have him on board!

Welcome, Ron!

Awesome, truly awesome. Mr. Levy has answered many of my questions in a way that left me feeling 100% informed!

He knows his stuff. Good choice guys!

Thanks for doing this, Ron!

Thanks, Ron!

Ron is my heeeeeeeeeeeeeee-ro!

--Kath

That's good news! :)

A day to remember

First a new Pope!

Then the Right Reverend Ron!!!!!!

Whadda day, Whadda day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance: :dance: :dance:

Thanks for all the good words. But as long as everyone keeps it smart, safe, and clean (and that seems to be the case so far in this forum), I won't have any work to do. Just remember (from both sides of the coin), that there are no dumb questions -- only unasked questions and dumb answers. If you don't know, ask. If someone asks, give a good answer. If you aren't sure of an answer, just say so -- there's plenty enough expertise that someone will help you. And whatever happens, it's all about learning.

Fly safe,
Ron

First a very warm welcome, or should I say thanks, to Ron. You have been a welcomed source of knowledge ever since I started frequenting the AOPA board in '99.

Secondly, Greebo, have you posted anywhere who the moderators of the other boards are? I presume Doc is the Medical one. Who else?

You can see the list of moderators and the management council on this page: --> http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/showgroups.php?

You can always get to that link via the main forum list, at the bottom, View Forum Leaders.

Oh - and anyone on the Management Council is, by definition, a super moderator and has moderator control over all forums.

What ever Ron is supposed to do I know it will be done well. Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is it that the moderator of a board does?

Thanks Ron!

Welcome aboard Captain!! Good to see your posts again.

Best,

Dave

Very appropriate. Rev Ron is the best.

He is also the leading reason for why my FAR/AIM looks ratty and I'm less likely to get in trouble than ever before...

AdamZ said:
Excuse my ignorance

No excuse needed -- the whole idea here is to learn.

AdamZ said:
...but what exactly is it that the moderator of a board does?

Uhhh...moderate?

Seriously, I'm here to see that everyone posting on this forum follows the Rules of Conduct set forth in that section of this site. If someone gets too far out, I'm here to help them back within the limits. I also have the power to remove posts which are truly unacceptable (language, personal attacks, etc) and, if necessary and the others on the Moderation Board agree, even limit access for those who refuse to stick to the rules.

Ron Levy said:
No excuse needed -- the whole idea here is to learn.

Uhhh...moderate?

Seriously, I'm here to see that everyone posting on this forum follows the Rules of Conduct set forth in that section of this site. If someone gets too far out, I'm here to help them back within the limits. I also have the power to remove posts which are truly unacceptable (language, personal attacks, etc) and, if necessary and the others on the Moderation Board agree, even limit access for those who refuse to stick to the rules.
In addition, moderators can help consolidate threads which deal with similar topics, split threads out into separate ones when they diverge, and make threads "sticky" so they remain prominent in the forum above the normal "churn" (rise and fall of threads as they have more posts added). This can be helpful if a forum needs some kind of FAQ (frequently asked questions) list that all should read before posting.

(Although we prefer that certain questions - training related - not be made into FAQ form because having those types of discussion come up again and again is good reminders for everyone. :)

Back