Pilots of America Apparel,Follow-up Question??

Banshee Will

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Banshee Will
Hi all,

This is a follow-up from the "Pilots of America Apparel" string

I had the opportunity to speak with one of my vendors today in reference to a PoA product line. I am trying to find the highest quality shirt at the best price as well premium embroidery.

In the event we can make this happen. What are your thoughts about a quality polo shirt made of Cotton/Poly with a flat knit collar and 3-button placket, no shrink, fade or pill with a price point of about $38.00? With PoA logo. (I have not seen a sample at this point)

I would also like to know your thoughts as well as how much intrest there might be in:
Baseball hats, Jackets and flight bags all with the PoA logo?

Let me know,

Banshee Will

I would have no problem paying $38.00 for a quality polo shirt as long as it does not fall apart after I wash it twice!

A baseball hat would be cool too!!

Bruce

I would take a couple of shirts and possibly a jacket, depends on price of the jacket. Flight bag, maybe.

I am still waiting for my hat :)
Ill take a shirt or two.

id probably be more interested in tshirts, short or long sleeve. but hey, im a poor young college kid...

I'd like to see:

Hats <$12
TShirts <$16
Polo Shirts <$40
Boxer Shorts <$12
Thongs <$10 (<$100 with model included)
Windbreaker <$50

tonycondon said:
id probably be more interested in tshirts, short or long sleeve. but hey, im a poor young college kid...

I'm with Tony.

Tim,
I think you hit the pricing on the head.

I also like the idea of a windbreaker!!

Tony,
I will look into T-shirts next week.

Keep the feedback coming!!

Banshee Will

tonycondon said:
youre not in college!

Yeah...I've never been very good at the whole "class" thing. :dunno:

TMetzinger said:
I'd like to see:

Hats <$12
TShirts <$16
Polo Shirts <$40
Boxer Shorts <$12
Thongs <$10 (<$100 with model included)
Windbreaker <$50

I will so wear the thong for 90 bucks!

Good quality Polo, $38... I would be ok with that but it would have to really be a good quality polo. Also a poplin flight jacket or jean jacket would be nice.

A good quality polo like Outer Banks or Cutter and Buck - embroidered - $30-50.
Haynes Ts - silkscreened - $15-25
Cap - $20
Fleece vest - $30
How about a window sticker? $10.

oo yes window sticker. good idea. I can still see out my back window, which tells me i dont belong to enough aviation organizations!

tonycondon said:
oo yes window sticker. good idea. I can still see out my back window, which tells me i dont belong to enough aviation organizations!

One of the owner/flyers at IWI (Wiscasset) has done computer-generated window stickers for both IWI and 08B(Merrymeeting/Bowdoinham), and they're good. Each is posted at the respective airport, free for the taking. I don't have an image of either; haven't affixed either to my bird, yet.

HR

Regular Bumper stickers would be good too. I'll take 10.

silver-eagle said:
Cap - $20
Fleece vest - $30

Fleece top for $30-$35 would be great, I would buy one!!!!

Bruce :yes:

I'd be interested in the polo shirt, especially if it has a pocket. I'm a geek at heart, so I have to have my writing implements readily available while flying!

Just a quick update,

I will be working on putting a PoA apparel line together next week.

I am hopeful we can make it a reality and offer something for everyone as well as maintaining a high quality product at a fair price.

As you all know demand will be the driver, so whoever is interested please keep posting as well as letting me know what items you are interested in!

Banshee Will

BEdesigns said:
I would have no problem paying $38.00 for a quality polo shirt as long as it does not fall apart after I wash it twice!

A baseball hat would be cool too!!

Bruce

Ditto. :fcross:

silver-eagle said:
Cap - $20
Fleece vest - $30

I'm in for the fleece vest!

Apparel option

Several years ago one of my side projects was creating logo apparel for a small organization. We worked with an online retailer name of www.clubcolors.com. We met with a representative in person, paid a one-time fee to have our logo created as "embroidery" and it was then available to be used on ALL of their items -- hats, shirts, fleece vests or pullovers, polo shirts, b'ball caps, oxford buttondowns, etc, etc.
Big advantage was the single fee plus NO MINIMUMS and NO STOCK to maintain/store. We paid the fee then anyone who wanted to buy anything did so directly through Club Colors online. They were very eager to please and gave great service and after the meeting with the rep everything was handled online directly between buyer and seller without any problems. Please note I have no stake in this firm and no recent experience (none in past 2 years) but might be worth exploring for PoA as an option.
Hitch

gprellwitz said:
I'd be interested in the polo shirt, especially if it has a pocket. I'm a geek at heart, so I have to have my writing implements readily available while flying!

Ooo! Ooo! PoA pocket protector!!! :yes: :rofl:

yes a shirt with a breast pocket would be excellent. and a pocket protector!

flyingcheesehead said:
Ooo! Ooo! PoA pocket protector!!! :yes: :rofl:

Like this one??

I really need one of the second type, I can never keep up with my pens.

Last edited:
tonycondon said:
yes a shirt with a breast pocket would be excellent. and a pocket protector!

Just back away from the pocket protector and all will be well. If you are not careful you'll start to look like these guys

geekandgore-sm.jpg

Back