Pilots Object To Reporting Requirements

While I agree that it needs to have safeguards in place, based on what I’ve seen in the training industry, I think some expansion of the requirements is necessary.

Interesting that the article doesn't mention that a lot of the impetus for the PRD expansion proposal is the 2019 Atlas crash. Doesn't necessarily justify everything, but at least gives it context.

Interesting that the article doesn't mention that a lot of the impetus for the PRD expansion proposal is the 2019 Atlas crash. Doesn't necessarily justify everything, but at least gives it context.

If all records are submitted centrally, it means an employer doesn’t have to contact every past employer directly, which is time consuming and can hold up background checks. Second, this is why aviation employers are so exacting on verifying work history. To prevent, as with that atlas pilot, a job being omitted. You can’t get the bad records if you don’t know they are out there. This means employers can relax about work history somewhat and know that they aren’t missing records... the current system is not great...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back