Pilots into Audiophile Systems/Home Theater

Discussion in 'Hangar Talk' started by SoonerAviator, Jan 10, 2023.

1. SoonerAviator

SoonerAviator Final Approach

Display name:
    SoonerAviator
    AudysseyXT is pretty good stuff and works pretty well on my Denon x4400h. I know everyone is really hot on the new Dirac stuff, but I haven't heard it yet. I can't remember which models are eligible, but Denon was offering the Dirac software upgrade on either the x4700, or x4800 and up AVRs. There is supposedly some software coming out (Dirac and Trinnov) that could essentially correct for room modes by using active cancellation. It won't completely eliminate the need for sound absorption/correction panels, but it would greatly reduce it.

2. bradg33

bradg33 Pattern Altitude

Display name:
    Esquire99
    Doesn't look like the 4700h is on the upgrade list. 3800 and 4800, but not the 4700.

3. SoonerAviator

SoonerAviator Final Approach

Display name:
    SoonerAviator
    Went down a rabbit trail looking at DIY subwoofers. Thinking about buying a flat pack to build a "Mini Marty" 18" subwoofer enclosure. Tons of output for less than 50% of the cost of the retail brands. I almost want to see if I can make it look like an end-table or piece of furniture by going piano gloss black or maybe find a nice veneer for the outside. Wife might kill me, but I could build the entire thing made for about 1 AMU.

upload_2023-1-23_17-7-14.png