Pilots and patients need your help

James331

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
James331
Hey guys, this came across my company email and I thought I'd share it with you, I also copy pasted the GA dialer number.

Here's the deal, as someone who works in the MEDEVAC world state borders are, and should be of zero concern to me, when minutes count we shouldn't have to worry about arbitrary state lines, the only line that matters is the B line to the closest definitive level of care.

If you guys have a minute or two use the GA dialer and let your elected officials know what you think, who knows when it could be someone you care about having the big heart attack, or a stroke or getting in car crash.

1. Dial toll-free: 833-GAVOICE (833-428-6423), weekdays from 9-5 Eastern.

2. You will be asked to input your zip code after a message, then you will be transferred to your Representative's offices.

3. Say: "I support helping save lives by getting people in need to the closest hospital regardless of state boarders, I support the bipartisan effort to ensure Access to Air Ambulance Services Act (H.R. 3378/S. 2121), and reject any effort to remove MEDEVAC services from the airline deregulation act."

Here's what was in the email I got.

"As you know, the U.S. House of Representatives passed H.R. 4, the FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018. This bill includes language (Section 412(h) of H.R. 4) that would reduce access to air medical services and increase costs by allowing each state to regulate air medical services based on arbitrary state-level or county-level preferences. While well-intentioned, this proposal would result in a patchwork of inconsistent regulations that would essentially create borders in the sky and make it more difficult for air medical providers to get patients to the best and closest medical facility in an emergency.

When the Senate takes up FAA reauthorization, I respectfully request that you reject any similar proposals. Carving the air medical industry out of the Airline Deregulation Act would have a devastating effect on health care access, especially in rural America, where hospital closures have occurred at a rate of one per month since 2010.

Instead, help us preserve patient access to emergency air medical services and please co-sponsor the bipartisan Ensuring Access to Air Ambulance Services Act (H.R. 3378/S. 2121). This bill would address the root cause of the problem by modernizing the Medicare Air Ambulance Fee Schedule, which has seen only inflationary updates over the past two decades. It would also require air medical providers to submit their cost data so Medicare can update its payment system to reflect the actual cost of providing care. H.R. 3378/S. 2121 is supported by a number of prominent health care, consumer and patient advocacy groups including the American Academy of Pediatrics, American Nurses Association, American Stroke Association, Mothers Against Drunk Driving, Consumer Action
."

Last edited:
Back