PilotCast Funny...

SCCutler

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
Spike Cutler
Like most of us, I find the PilotCasts to be great fun, but I have observe one odd phenomenon, and I want to ask if I am the only one.

So I am sitting here, listening to the latest PilotCast, with Grant and Leslie Prellwitz ("Air Prellwitz"); as they are sort of conversationally discussing flying the DA40 and such, and I kept finding myself trying to chime in and join the conversation- just spoke up as if they'd actually be listening. Weird, eh?

Maybe it's because:

(1) I know these folks, and

(2) The show has such a friendly, approachable feel to it... conversational.

I guess that means they are doing a great job!

:D

Thanks, Spike!

That makes it worth all of the time that goes into it. It just occurred to me that I put about 9 hours into that one show over the 3+ months it took to finish the postproduction.

This was one where I broke into grins as I edited it - on the commuter train - where other passengers have no idea what's so funny. Sometimes I get surprised on what fun is in it.

what is a pilot cast, and how is one fit for such a cast? Do they use plaster of paris anymore? Where do you find them?

oh wait, I see something at the bottom of Mike's post, let me check that out...my brain tunes out repetitive, ad-like symbols!

I gotta say, I've enjoyed not only the pilotcast, but other aviaton podcasts as well. Don't work Mike, Kent, and Dan, Pilotcast is still one of my two favorites, alongside Uncontrolled Airspace. I do share Spike's feeling though that I do want to join in the conversation in both podcasts, as if they really were a bunch of guys just sitting around a hangar shooting the bull and I could just pull up a chair and join in.

I'm glad to see that the new episode was released... I can't wait to give her a listen. I've missed listening to you guys!

you should try listening to a podcast that you are in. you try to respond to the questions being asked of you, but then you hear your voice. its very surreal the first time

What's a Stack Overflow at line: 1585 ? I get that when I try to go to pilotcast.

What's a Stack Overflow at line: 1585 ? I get that when I try to go to pilotcast.

Really? Jesse! Save us!

If you're using IE, see if you have script debugging turned on.

I'll take out some of the garf on the site.

Really? Jesse! Save us!

If you're using IE, see if you have script debugging turned on.

I'll take out some of the garf on the site.

I get the same error... and no matter how many times I click "OK", it pops back up. Somebody pass the syrup, please?

Mike,
Seems to be only with your signature link. Can go to pilotcast.com w/o any problem. I'm listening right now. :)

Except having a problem with #047. Getting an error openning. Maybe it's just not my day.

Like most of us, I find the PilotCasts to be great fun, but I have observe one odd phenomenon, and I want to ask if I am the only one.

So I am sitting here, listening to the latest PilotCast, with Grant and Leslie Prellwitz ("Air Prellwitz"); as they are sort of conversationally discussing flying the DA40 and such, and I kept finding myself trying to chime in and join the conversation- just spoke up as if they'd actually be listening. Weird, eh?

Maybe it's because:

(1) I know these folks, and

(2) The show has such a friendly, approachable feel to it... conversational.

I guess that means they are doing a great job!

Well, the first step to achieving this is to come to Gaston's. I don't see you listed as an attendee at www.gastonsflyin.com! That's where Leslie and I participated in our first Pilotcast, and it really is a conversation with people you know! Go back and listen to Pilotcast 36 and join in the fun! http://media.libsyn.com/media/pilotcast/Pilotcast_036_2006.06.10.mp3

I suspect that there might be something similar this year. Mike?

Well, the first step to achieving this is to come to Gaston's. I don't see you listed as an attendee at www.gastonsflyin.com! That's where Leslie and I participated in our first Pilotcast, and it really is a conversation with people you know! Go back and listen to Pilotcast 36 and join in the fun! http://media.libsyn.com/media/pilotcast/Pilotcast_036_2006.06.10.mp3

I suspect that there might be something similar this year. Mike?

Man, I guess I made less than no impression! And I so enjoyed meeting and visiting with Grant and Leslie, so cute intheir matching "Air Prellwitz" polo shirts.

And you scared me- but I am there: http://www.gastonsflyin.com/attendance_details.asp?token=157

Different plane this year than last year, since the Deb is in about 10,000 little pieces, now. :(

Man, I guess I made less than no impression! And I so enjoyed meeting and visiting with Grant and Leslie, so cute intheir matching "Air Prellwitz" polo shirts.

And you scared me- but I am there: http://www.gastonsflyin.com/attendance_details.asp?token=157

Different plane this year than last year, since the Deb is in about 10,000 little pieces, now. :(

Notice, of course, that the picture he chooses to show does not include Gastons......

I'm just saying, its a conspiracy.

No, Spike, you made a great impression. For some reason I thought I was responding to PJ Gustafson's posting, and he's not listed as coming next year. He said
PJ Gustafson said:
do share Spike's feeling though that I do want to join in the conversation in both podcasts, as if they really were a bunch of guys just sitting around a hangar shooting the bull and I could just pull up a chair and join in.

No, Spike, you made a great impression. For some reason I thought I was responding to PJ Gustafson's posting, and he's not listed as coming next year. He said

(Heaves great sigh of relief!)

Back