Pilot workshops

TommyG

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Tom
I am looking to strengthen my IFR skills. They are weak! I have been looking around to see what is out there. In addition to a CFII I want something to reboot the knowledge I have lost. Does anyone have experience with pilot workshops. I see they have an IFR proficiency course. It is a bit pricey and ther doesn't seem to be a way to sample the videos. Any feedback is appreciated.

My local IMC club shows them for free. Do you have a local IMC Club? I watched 2 of the videos via them and was less them impressed.

My local IMC club shows them for free. Do you have a local IMC Club? I watched 2 of the videos via them and was less them impressed.

I guess that's why they don't give free previews.

IFR Bootcamp is the new proficiency course they're offering. I was involved with the curriculum design and my company provides the real time ATC for the simulators used during the course. One of the POA users attended the course: http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74858

IFR Mastery is the program with the monthly series of scenarios they post on their site which requires a monthly subscription. They do offer glances into the IFR Mastery program with preview videos from time to time. They also have some IFR Mastery content which was made available to AOPA members at no charge.

An editor from AOPA recently attended the IFR Bootcamp, a review will be coming up in the Dec/Jan issue of AOPA Pilot.

Last edited:
I subscribe to PilotWorkshops. The monthly IFR scenario and the ifr proficiency. Both very good, although I wish they had more content.

And they called me last week and told me I won a brand new Bose A20 Headset... thought they were BS'ing - but just delivered this week... gotta love it...... Think I may log in now and do a quick class.. it really is good stuff - at least I think so.

I should mention that I am literally a brand new IFR pilot - so the more training, and practice, the better....

Pilot Workshops have good stuff. My CFII handles the IFR bootcamp in the Chicago area. I will probably attend in the future. The IMC club is good for scenarios, but it is just a discussion roundtable - no sim work.

Back