PILOT TRAINING SOLUTIONS

navigator44

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Navigator44
I am thinking of purchasing a private pilot course and a instrument course.

I am a pilot that has been away for about 30 years and I want to study to bring myself up-to-date. I visited the above website and was impressed
with the reviews on their courses. They seem to be very good based on the reviews I read.

Does anyone on this forum have any experience with them ?

Their website is: passfaaexams.com

Thanks
Jim

Get the King school program, it's a gold standard.

Ive used it for all my students with 100% success.

I am thinking of purchasing a private pilot course and a instrument course.

I am a pilot that has been away for about 30 years and I want to study to bring myself up-to-date. I visited the above website and was impressed
with the reviews on their courses. They seem to be very good based on the reviews I read.

Does anyone on this forum have any experience with them ?

Their website is: passfaaexams.com

Thanks
Jim

Go fly with a CFI and see what you still know, what is foreign to you.

Then Figure a plan. You may not need the books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used them for my ifr and had a very good experience. Call or email them in advance if you want to ask them about the lessons and materials, they're very approachable

Thank you, Josh.

I have kept up over the years, by reading, following the forums, and taking a great many of the AOPA courses. I still have my license, so I won't have to
take the written for Private, again, but there are some areas I could still use
some refreshing again.

A lot has changed in the last 30 years, especially the navigation equipment used commonly today. There was no GPS, ForeFlight, etc. when I was flying. That is going to be a big step. I understand how it works and have general knowledge about several types.

I have read the FAA publications: The Instrument Flying Handbook, Instrument Approaches and also Peter Dogan's Instrument Flight Training Manuel, an excellent source for instrument training.

I am currently working on getting my medical certificate current, again.

When I was flying, I had started instrument training and I loved it, and
think it is so necessary in today's aviation climate. If nothing else, I think
it makes you a more proficient pilot. I intend to resume that course when I resume flying.

I believe it would be benefical for me to go ahead and take the private ground school course and and take the written, even though I don't need to to meet FAA guidelines. I am going to have to have to take a BFR and part of the BFR is oral.

I am going to go ahead and take an instrument course to prepare for the written, get it behind me so I can move on with the flying portion of the Instrument ticket without having to worry about the written.

If you, or any others on this forum have any suggestions, please feel free to let me know.

Thank you, again.

Jim

Thank you, Josh.

I have kept up over the years, by reading, following the forums, and taking a great many of the AOPA courses. I still have my license, so I won't have to
take the written for Private, again, but there are some areas I could still use
some refreshing again.

A lot has changed in the last 30 years, especially the navigation equipment used commonly today. There was no GPS, ForeFlight, etc. when I was flying. That is going to be a big step. I understand how it works and have general knowledge about several types.

I have read the FAA publications: The Instrument Flying Handbook, Instrument Approaches and also Peter Dogan's Instrument Flight Training Manuel, an excellent source for instrument training.

I am currently working on getting my medical certificate current, again.

When I was flying, I had started instrument training and I loved it, and
think it is so necessary in today's aviation climate. If nothing else, I think
it makes you a more proficient pilot. I intend to resume that course when I resume flying.

I believe it would be benefical for me to go ahead and take the private ground school course and and take the written, even though I don't need to to meet FAA guidelines. I am going to have to have to take a BFR and part of the BFR is oral.

I am going to go ahead and take an instrument course to prepare for the written, get it behind me so I can move on with the flying portion of the Instrument ticket without having to worry about the written.

If you, or any others on this forum have any suggestions, please feel free to let me know.

Thank you, again.

Jim

I was out 20+ years.

Went and flew with CFI for a 5-hour bfr.

Then did a high perf checkout in 182 and got the5 hours dual that insurance required.

Fore flight and the GPS didn't click for me until I started cross countries without the instructor. After a couple hours solo, they became second nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was out for 13 years (just started flying in 2015 after a hiatus since 2002).
Electronic Flight Bags (e.g., Foreflight) and glass cockpits are absolutely changing the game for me.
My issue is that I need to force myself not to get too dependent on the technology.
Back to basics flying (pilotage, dead reckoning, VORs) hasn't changed, so if you get the principles, then you'll have no problem getting back into the swing of things.
Only thing to focus on, in my opinion, is flight time. Ideally, with a CFI, who can point out where you need to improve and so on.

I think I answered this over on the red board. Sites that are targeted at cramming you through the FAA's not overly relevant exams are only really good for that purpose. For a broader knowledge, you need to go elswehere.

I'd start with the FAA information which tends to get revised more often than a lot of the other materials.

https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/

For general (private pilot) knowledge read:

The AIM
The Airplane Flying Handbook
Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge.

For advances in glass panels and GPSs:

Advanced Avionics Handbook.

For your IFR studies:

Instrument Flying Handbook
Instrument Procedures Handbook

Sites that are targeted at cramming you through the FAA's not overly relevant exams are only really good for that purpose.

It's really amazing just how much of a market there is out there for just this.

I'll add another "I was out". I was out eight years, and agree with the others, just grab a CFI first and get back on the horse. They'll help you figure out what changed and what went missing from the brain cells.

Back