Pilot Shoes

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
https://www.groovebags.com/products/pilot-gauge-shoes?variant=28970420227

Someone needs to check that scan. Let's see if you can spot why.

pilot-gauge-high-top-shoes-min_1024x1024.jpg

Obviously it's the very top of a zoom climb then push over to level. The rate of climb indicator on these shoes is not an instant read instrument.

I would never wear those shoes without the addition of synthetic vision except maybe on the clearest of days and then only if following a clearly painted magenta line on the pavement.

This just goes to show why we should all stick to TSO'd shoes.

Cut-rate experimental footware might seem tempting, but it just doesn't measure up.

shoes and flying such a great story!!! as a beginner i ONLY flew with what we called sneakers back in the day . o well one day i got in my champ and almost declared a emergency as i realized i had regular street leather bottom footwear. thank goodness i had no electric or radios:D

Helicopter shoes but generally inaccurate. A level attitude is usually an accelerating attitude so you won't be indicating 0 airspeed for long.

Last edited:
Clearly imposters..... Tivas are the only approved footwear for single engine aviators. Those things are only for Sim drivers and should not be let out of the house!

This just goes to show why we should all stick to TSO'd shoes.

Cut-rate experimental footware might seem tempting, but it just doesn't measure up.
They're probably made in the same Chinese factory that made the Skycatcher.

Are they going to make these in a flip flop?
I didn't get to see the top but I would assume that is where they put the landing calculator. After all that is one of the essential tools.

These are my RV shoes. Comfortable and color matched to the plane! Got a pair for @Ravioli's co-pilot too. Not the first or last time she got to say "you're crazy". Same response as the tents for Oshkosh. Trend detected ;)
shoes.jpg

Back