Pilot run over by his own LearJet

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
A PASSENGER jet pilot nearly died when he fell out of a door and was run over by his own plane.

The 42-year-old tumbled under the wheels and was dragged along the runway at Gatwick.

The luxury Learjet 45 had surged forward during pre-flight checks — after the co-pilot accidentally knocked a thrust lever.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006420718,00.html

I was going to ask what of preflight is done with the engines running but nevermind. It sounds like the captain was inside.

Think the co-pilot still has a job?

mikea said:
I was going to ask what of preflight is done with the engines running but nevermind. It sounds like the captain was inside.

Think the co-pilot still has a job?

You gotta like a guy who'll do whatever it takes to move up to the left seat....:eek: It's that ruthless German efficiency.

The black twin-engine executive jet — which had no passengers on board — also hit a ground worker and crashed into a parked vehicle before spinning to a halt.
Did you notice the photo and caption? The photo shows a white jet with two wheels chocked and the caption reads
Learjet 45 ... out of control on runway
How reliable is this journalistic masterpiece?

AuntPeggy said:
Did you notice the photo and caption? The photo shows a white jet with two wheels chocked and the caption reads How reliable is this journalistic masterpiece?

Oh I believe the story, you wouldn't make that one up, too lame. He just used one of Lears promo shots.

Back