Pilot rescued from plane stuck in wires

What's with all this media coverage of general aviation accidents lately...........hmmm.

jangell said:
What's with all this media coverage of general aviation accidents lately...........hmmm.

Oh....maybe regular crime and car smashups are simply too mundane for them to report. Besides, they would run out of room in the newspaper if they had to list all the driving accidents, break-ins, drive-by shootings, muggings, rapes, and murders than occur on a daily basis. So they pick on airplanes.

I just hope to heck this pilot wasn't intoxicated (as the version I read mentioned a possibility), because you know that one drunk driver doesn't hurt (the reputation of) every other driver out there, but one drunk pilot really stabs a knife in all our backs.

terry, feeling sarcastic today

Last edited:
terzap said:
Oh....maybe regular crime and car smashups are simply too mundane for them to report. Besides, they would run out of room in the newspaper if they had to list all the driving accidents, break-ins, drive-by shootings, muggings, rapes, and murders than occur on a daily basis. So they pick on airplanes.

I just hope to heck this pilot wasn't intoxicated (as the version I read mentioned a possibility), because you know that one drunk driver doesn't hurt (the reputation of) every other driver out there, but one drunk pilot really stabs a knife in all our backs.

Right On Sista!!!

jangell said:

If you think that's bad, wait until they run out of juicy stuff to report and you get what we had going out here for about a week a while back. Even if there is no accidents, they'll still get you:

The local jump school had one guy (ONE as in less than two) plummet to the ground for whatever reason. Many moons ago (around 2000 I think) someone else plummeted to the ground there.
That night news: Skydiver dies yadda yadda. This is the second accident since the glaciers retreated. Evil dangerous, ratings-are-improving-now yack yack stuff.
Next night: Another skydiver dies yadda yadda. Then they say it's the same guy as yesterday.
Three, four, five days later, every night they started with the same 'another skydiver dies' line like it just happened that day. They admitted in the several minute coverage that it was the same one but that wasn't until after you were convinced it just happened again. The way they were going on, I was tempted to start looking up and wearing a helmet when I walked outside. The news splatted about 5-6 nonexistent skydivers before they shut up about the one accident.

Best I can tell: The news reporters rules of conduct:
Don't know what you're talking about, look intelligent and relaxed then pretend to be an expert on the subject.
Boring news, liven it up even if you have to make up the facts.
No new news, make it up to raise ratings.

terzap said:

I kinda like it. If they didn't report it, How else would I get these cool Desktop photos? A car up a telephone pole just ain't as cool as a plane hanging from wires.

Here's the local coverage - Pretty darn accurate for local coverage. No "Cessna Archers" here. I looked it up because A) I used to work at Timmerman and B) I used to live on the East side of Milwaukee. It crashed less than a mile from where I lived, though on the other side of the river.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/metro/nov05/370162.asp

And here's the FAA's info:

IDENTIFICATION
Regis#: 2241P Make/Model: PA28 Description: PA-28 CHEROKEE, ARROW, WARRIOR, ACHER, D
Date: 11/13/2005 Time: 0020

Event Type: Accident Highest Injury: None Mid Air: N Missing: N
Damage: Substantial

DESCRIPTION
ACFT CRASHED INTO POWERLINES UNDER UNKNOWN CIRCUMSTANCES, HUMBOLT AND CLARK
STREETS, MILWUAKEE, WI

INJURY DATA Total Fatal: 0
# Crew: 1 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Pass: 0 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Grnd: Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:

WEATHER: MKE 122352Z 20017G24 6SM RA OVC039 14/09 2970

OTHER DATA