Pilot pulls 'cute in MD

Like most accidents, I suppose any one of these wasn't the issue, it was the whole lot put together that became overwhelming.

If you're subject to being overwhelmed or panic, you aren't wired for being PIC.

I recently did a little research into the spin certification story on the Cirri for an acquaintance. It may have some bearing here....

"b. Spin Behavior
i. Test Matrix. A limited investigation of the SR20 spin behavior has been completed and results are contained in Cirrus Design reports 12419, title, and 15568, title. The incipient spin and recovery characteristics were examined during more than 60 total spin entries covering the following configurations.
[see chart at reference -- Grant]

My findings with thw SR-22 as well, though I found it at the behest of a client who had bought one and then was worried by stories his buddies were telling him about it being unrecoverable. I looked the plane over, did a few calcs and couldn't see it and said so. He was still worried so I told him I'd take it up and spin it if he wanted, and offer which he accepted. It did fine, a bit shallow in its angle so I recovered before full development(after the second turn) and it recovered with standard control inputs each time. I'm not concerned about the plane killing me in a spin.

Back