Pilot makes flawless emergency landing on I-10

What makes it flawless? It was a successful landing, but a wit said he bounced it. Watched an 18YO make a flawless landing once. Landed on all three at once. That's was flawless.

"the aircraft still had enough lift to safely coast off the highway."

What?

That's someon trying to act smart by using a term relative to the story that involved readers will accept as fact.

My favorite is "I know my rights" yet surprisingly, very few people actually know their rights and even less have read the constitution.

Give the man a high-five - safe on the ground, no bent metal!

Give the man a high-five - safe on the ground, no bent metal!

Also no one was hurt on the ground so that is always a good thing. Does an investigation still happen even though no one was hurt? I would still like to know what caused the engine to quit it could've still been Fuel exhaustion / Starvation.

Also no one was hurt on the ground so that is always a good thing. Does an investigation still happen even though no one was hurt? I would still like to know what caused the engine to quit it could've still been Fuel exhaustion / Starvation.

With no bent metal? There is nothing to investigate, at least for the NTSB. It's just an off-airport landing.

The local law enforcement agencies may not like it much.

NTSB doesn't always investigate "incidents" either. Like the crashed 152 at PAO a month or so ago. It didn't fit the NTSB definition of an "accident" (see 49 CFR 830.2, especially the definition of "substantial damage"), despite the airplane probably being totaled, and they opted not to even look at it. That's one reason the airport was only closed a few hours.

I read somewhere that the pilot or instructor worked for Jason Schappert at M0a

Yes, the FAA will investigate. Lack of injury does not equate to lack of reasons to investigate.

Back