Pilot goes DAD on air-dropping passengers

It’s not public exposure. The recipient has to willfully accept the file or intentionally set their device to always accept files from strangers.

It’s the electronic equivalent of a stranger walking up to you and saying “hey I’ve got some Polaroids I took in my coat pocket. You want some?”

If you say sure and stick out your hand… hard for me to consider you a victim.
I agree, but it's a fairly public place. The person next to you might be a very unwilling participant.

I agree, but it's a fairly public place. The person next to you might be a very unwilling participant.

As an aside, seatback (or own device) entertainment is uncensored. It's one of those situations where people have to have some regard for the people around them - and of course that's increasingly hard to find these days.

It’s not public exposure. The recipient has to willfully accept the file or intentionally set their device to always accept files from strangers.

It’s the electronic equivalent of a stranger walking up to you and saying “hey I’ve got some Polaroids I took in my coat pocket. You want some?”

If you say sure and stick out your hand… hard for me to consider you a victim.

A better analogy would be someone is nude on the other side of a door and knocks on it. Since it’s a soldi door with no peephole, you get the exposure whether you want it or not.

For me it’s not about victimhood, it’s about the underlying behavior. You want to be nude, have at it. That does not give you the privilege of sharing your nudity with me.

A better analogy would be someone is nude on the other side of a door and knocks on it. Since it’s a soldi door with no peephole, you get the exposure whether you want it or not.

For me it’s not about victimhood, it’s about the underlying behavior. You want to be nude, have at it. That does not give you the privilege of sharing your nudity with me.
I agree the underlying behavior is gross and socially inappropriate. All I’m saying is the recipient has a significant level of responsibility for receiving the picture.

We can feel however we want about the morality and appropriateness of the interaction but the fact remains that we won’t see anyones peepee if we don’t open the door.

Furthermore if we setup our devices properly for being in public we will never know the perv is knocking because the device will ignore them automatically.

I agree the underlying behavior is gross and socially inappropriate. All I’m saying is the recipient has a significant level of responsibility for receiving the picture.

We can feel however we want about the morality and appropriateness of the interaction but the fact remains that we won’t see anyones peepee if we don’t open the door.

Furthermore if we setup our devices properly for being in public we will never know the perv is knocking because the device will ignore them automatically.
This is just silly. Most iPhones with air drop turned on for everyone are probably like that because the user couldn't make it work otherwise. It's not an expression of the user's desire to, or comfort with, receiving files from strangers. And it's not an invitation to send any kind of photo, let alone an obscene one. The vast, vast, vast, majority (statistically indistinguishable from "all") of the population does not want unsolicited dick pics. Having airdrop turned on is no more an invitation to receive them than having a mailbox is.

This is just silly. Most iPhones with air drop turned on for everyone are probably like that because the user couldn't make it work otherwise. It's not an expression of the user's desire to, or comfort with, receiving files from strangers. And it's not an invitation to send any kind of photo, let alone an obscene one. The vast, vast, vast, majority (statistically indistinguishable from "all") of the population does not want unsolicited dick pics. Having airdrop turned on is no more an invitation to receive them than having a mailbox is.

Turn airdrop on and off as you need - no need to leave it on permanently wide open for everyone. It's not like email.

As much as we all hate dick pics, hackers sending maiware would be the bigger concern.

Turn airdrop on and off as you need - no need to leave it on permanently wide open for everyone. It's not like email.

As much as we all hate dick pics, hackers sending maiware would be the bigger concern.
You have unreasonable expectations for the tech savvy and tolerance of annoying features of the average phone user.

Sorry just don’t agree. I see your point but can’t get there myself.

We are all responsible for our actions.

Something missing here.

I am an iPhone user, and yes, I’ve had to turn on my Air Dop on to ‘everyone’ to make it work properly.

But even with my phone to allow anyone to Air Drop, I still have to hit ‘accept’ each time.

This actually happened on a plane a couple months ago. I received notification of an unsolicited air drop and declined it.

Back