Pilot Drop-ins

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
A boring afternoon, and an unannounced truck pulls into the lane soon after my nap.
Usually this is not good news, we are some distance from the highway.

Well this gent comes up and starts asking about airstrips and such, pointing to my windsock. Turns out he is just retired from 54 years running a bush pilot service in Alaska, and has recently moved into town.

In fact, I did not turn him away - there were some stories told, plans made, beer consumed at my place this afternoon!
What a neat guy!

Sounds like a good day.Nothing i would rather do than talk to an old bush pilot.I also like the old farmers that flew around here.I have learnt as much from those guys about flying as i have in my flight training over the years.Hopefully you have a new friend.

and why has this retired bush pilot not yet been introduced to PoA? Hmmm? Keeping him all to yourself, Dave? :D

HPNFlyGirl said:
So if I came to your lane and asked about the windsock and airports you would give me free beer? ;)

Any aviator is welcome; c'mon!

gkainz said:
and why has this retired bush pilot not yet been introduced to PoA? Hmmm? Keeping him all to yourself, Dave? :D

He has internet, I will try. He could probably entertain us forever....if that is his type of thing. I suspect he is more a get out and do type than a sit at the computer for hours type like me!

Back