Pilot dies in flight

The husband of one of my wife's good friends - forty something - did the stress test and passed with no problems noted. Three days later he died of a heart attack in the middle of the night - his wife thought he was having a nightmare and didn't realize until the morning that he was dead.

Chicago Mayor Daley 1 and Mayor Harold Washington both died of heart attacks during exams in their doctor's office.

We've been trying to tell ol' bulldozin' Mayor Daley II we're worried about him so he needs to get frequent medical checkups. :rolleyes:

As Dan pointed out a physician on board had already pronounced him dead. But I am wondering how the giant Oshkosh pumper trucks can help to bring a person back to life and assist in a medical issue? Wouldn't just the ambulance with the paramedics on board be enough? Foam making machines really do not have a whole lot of medical value in this case. But make for some pretty dramitic b-roll for the newies.

They probably have a policy like most city EMS/FD's do. Anytime an EMS call comes in, the trucks roll too. Most firefighters are EMT's (at least around here anyway), and there are times when it takes more than the two Paramedics on the Ambulance to load a patient. We always got at least two trucks with every EMS call. Trucks almost always beat the ambulance to a call. The firefighters started treatment, the EMS crew continued it and transported.

I doubt the CFR teams even knew the guy had been pronounced.

They probably have a policy like most city EMS/FD's do. Anytime an EMS call comes in, the trucks roll too. Most firefighters are EMT's (at least around here anyway), and there are times when it takes more than the two Paramedics on the Ambulance to load a patient. We always got at least two trucks with every EMS call. Trucks almost always beat the ambulance to a call. The firefighters started treatment, the EMS crew continued it and transported.

I doubt the CFR teams even knew the guy had been pronounced.

+1, the above. I can say that the departments I knew well rolled fire-trucks with the ambulances. The information that first responders get is not always "top notch".

Back