Pilot Controlled Lighting

it starts after you click the mic three or five times ... ;) LOL ... sorry, couldn't help myself.

Now we're getting somewhere. Thanks Cap'n Ron. Anyone fly in the early 60's that doesn't recall it being around?

I had a high school friend who had a plane based at Somerset Hills Airport N64 (condos now) in the 1970-71 time frame. You could turn the lights on by keying the radio and whistling into the mike.

We used to buzz the 'Ops Shack' to get 'em to come out and light the kerosine smoke pots.

Radios? Lesse, they didn't start having them 'til the early 60s, really. I think it must have been in the late 60s/early 70s when the 'click-the-mic' technology became mostly nationwide.

We used to buzz the 'Ops Shack' to get 'em to come out and light the kerosine smoke pots.

Radios? Lesse, they didn't start having them 'til the early 60s, really. I think it must have been in the late 60s/early 70s when the 'click-the-mic' technology became mostly nationwide.

ROTLMAO!:goofy:

I didn't know there was anyone on here older than me!:goofy:

Doc

When I started flying in the late 70's it was just getting popular. I seem to recall it wasn't that much earlier that they introduced the circle-L to supplement the L and L* symbols on the chart.

Back