Pilot chew

saracelica

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
saracelica
This is one of the offers in the AOPA Lifestyle collection.
http://www.pilotchew.com/

Sounded interesting. My pilot friends call it "snake oil" figured I'd see what other PoA people think.

Well, only one of your pilot friends called it snake oil, so far.

I abstain from caffeine so that precludes me from trying the stuff.

Always entertaining to watch consumer marketing do it's thing. We've gone from Jolt Cola and NoDoz when I was in college to all of these "energy" products.

Wonder what might be the next big consumer nutrition thing? Dinner in a stick of gum? (mmm... blueberry pie for desert!)

This was making rounds for a while. I think Mari posted that she tried them and there wasn't anything particularly special about the taste or effects. I may be misremembering though.

Here's a link to PA comic on a related topic (foul language warning):
http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/10/03

Always entertaining to watch consumer marketing do it's thing. We've gone from Jolt Cola and NoDoz when I was in college to all of these "energy" products.

Wonder what might be the next big consumer nutrition thing? Dinner in a stick of gum? (mmm... blueberry pie for desert!)

Nice Wonka reference there.. :)

This was making rounds for a while. I think Mari posted that she tried them and there wasn't anything particularly special about the taste or effects. I may be misremembering though.

Here's a link to PA comic on a related topic (foul language warning):
http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/10/03

Funny story, iPad is maxed out on tabs so clicking the link overrode one of the open tabs.

When I clicked the back button it was a picture of the Miami Zombie:yikes:

Haha, you need some of that Gingko for your memory! I tried regular chew once... about 30 years ago, and promptly spit it out. I have never tried this product. :rofl:

We do a lot of long range flying (8-12 hours or more per leg), and while coffee is always popular, and I've seen a few guys with a red bull occasionally or a five-hour energy, I've never heard of something like "pilot chew."

Getting rest before the flight, and staying hydrated does a lot more for keeping you alert than caffeine or other stimulants.

It looks like all they have really done differently from the people marketing any other kind of magical "this will make you cooler than you really are" product is they market it to pilots and adjust the price accordingly.

Anyone want to take any bets that the same company sells the same thing under different names to other target groups? Trucker Chew, maybe? How about Doctor Chew? Groper Chew would get a pretty big TSA audience.

I like the sweet picture of the guy in the sunglasses, gelled hair, and epaulettes looking off into the distance.

After looking at the ingredients: how about crunching on a Flinstone vitamin and washing it down with a cup of coffee instead?

I got a suspicion that anyone who has a couple of bucks to buy some ad space can get anything into the AOPA Lifestyle collection.

I got a suspicion that anyone who has a couple of bucks to buy some ad space can get anything into the AOPA Lifestyle collection.
Well, yeah... that's how it works. Pilot Depends, coming soon!

I still remember when Tang was advertised as "what the astronauts drink".

I'll wait until "Astronaut Chew" comes out.

I wanted to be an astronaut, all the tang I could handle sounded great until I found out it was orange powder:D

This is one of the offers in the AOPA Lifestyle collection.
http://www.pilotchew.com/

Sounded interesting. My pilot friends call it "snake oil" figured I'd see what other PoA people think.

This is my Pilot Chew!

-Lloyd

1335144949351.jpg

Beech nut, seriously? Wow. Cirrus drivers must be so jealous.

I had Tang for the first time in 40 years the other day, they served it with "Lunch with an Astronaut" at KSC.:D

And then.....

There's 'tang. Yeah I said it.

OMG. This reminds me. Last night I was in the man cave again (Piper hangar) and I learned aviation history. I guess they named airplane parts after women's body parts in the wars because they were away from girls for so long. I saw a table of cylinders and pistons . . . . JUGS. I never knew they were called JUGS. You don't want to know what I learned about mufflers.

Back