Pilot Awarded $300K for False Arrest

I think the problem was officer Karl Coleman. He was the subject of 50 internal investigations and had been suspended at one point for drunk driving involving a crash. If you watch the bodycam video, he acts like an ass. He’s a power tripping cop. A different officer might have handled it differently and not arrested Collins.

We live in clown world now where the government wants to make everyone a felon. As was said this could have been resolved simply with a phone call to the front desk.

When I was a youngster I worked as a security guard and one of the places I worked was a hotel at night. LOTS of weird stuff goes on at hotels at night most of which is not worthy of people getting arrested.

I think the problem was officer Karl Coleman. He was the subject of 50 internal investigations and had been suspended at one point for drunk driving involving a crash. If you watch the bodycam video, he acts like an ass. He’s a power tripping cop. A different officer might have handled it differently and not arrested Collins.
He also showed up for alcohol counselling drunk.

He also arrested a corrections officer at the airport for a "forged driver's license" despite compelling evidence that it was not tampered with and the person named on it was the bearer. The prosecutor dismissed early on, but not before the guard had been suspended from work for five months while the case moved the system. Yeah, there's a civil suit against the city over that fiasco as well.

In fact, Officer Coleman is a poster child in a couple of newspaper stories of the ineffectiveness of the Denver Police to police themselves.

Last edited:

And that's the bigger problem. The higher ups keep protecting bad cops until they either kill someone or arrest a rich guy.

Has anyone seen anything to indicate that the problem officer has been dealt with?

Has anyone seen anything to indicate that the problem officer has been dealt with?
Nope, and none is expected. The Denver PD thinks he's doing a great job. The state legislature has attempted to pass legislation providing more transparency but the policy union and many of the local governments that would be subject to even more lawsuits when their malfeasance would be more visible, have scuttled it.

Richard, you know that there isn't a cop in this country that has stinky ****. Nothing ever gets done unless they rape a 2 year old in front of 12 cell phones making HD recordings. And even then it's a slap on the wrist, because the DA won't prosecute his golf buddy to the fullest extent of the law. Coupled with his partner saying that the 2 year old initiated the encounter, yeah, good luck anything getting done.

Back