Pictures from OSH

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Here are a few pictures that I took at, or on the way to OSH. Most of them are about people and not about airplanes. :) If anyone thinks a picture of them is unflattering, let me know and I will delete it. :)

Attachments

• Heading for OSH 80.JPG
    Heading for OSH 80.JPG
    464.5 KB · Views: 74
  • On the way to OSH 80.JPG
    On the way to OSH 80.JPG
    363.1 KB · Views: 72
  • Felix, morning coffee, and MRE's 60.JPG
    Felix, morning coffee, and MRE's 60.JPG
    359.3 KB · Views: 79
  • Dave, Leslie, Grant and Felix 70.JPG
    Dave, Leslie, Grant and Felix 70.JPG
    336.8 KB · Views: 105
  • Chip, Grant, Felix and several Citabria guys 80.JPG
    Chip, Grant, Felix and several Citabria guys 80.JPG
    353 KB · Views: 92
  • Kent, Kate and Diana 70.JPG
    Kent, Kate and Diana 70.JPG
    389.4 KB · Views: 100
  • Morning coffee with Tom and Felix 60.JPG
    Morning coffee with Tom and Felix 60.JPG
    278.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Maybe this is how the shirt got there 50.JPG
    Maybe this is how the shirt got there 50.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 89
very nice Diana, i love the picture of the scud just off the wing!

You know what's really cool.....I knew everyone in the pictures! :D

You know what's really cool.....I hope to someday know everyone in the pictures! :D

I notice you waited until AFTER all the bugs were off your airplane to shoot these!!
:yes:
Since you mentioned it, thanks for cleaning the bugs off! :D

As I was mowing I was thinking about starting a "Thank You" thread for OSH.

Thank you Ken for cleaning the bugs off my airplane, and giving us a ride to Kodiak Jack's.

Thank you Chip for bringing my sweetie to OSH.

Thank you Felix for keeping me company.

Thank you Grant for ice delivery and the white wine and the ride to the restaurant.

Thank you Dave B for the red wine.

Thank you Gil and Sue for joining me for dinner and taking my bike.

Thank you (I think????) whoever left the Mile High shirt. :eek:

Did I forget somebody?

very nice Diana, i love the picture of the scud just off the wing!
Thanks Tony. :) There were just a few wispy pieces of cloud scattered about as I left a stormy area on the way up to OSH...it was really pretty that evening.

considering that you can pretty much see through them, i would hardly consider them to be clouds...

Actually, I only wondered for my own purposes. I dodged similar stuff on an early student solo and wondered if we need to. My CFI only gave gave a shrug when I told him.

It's not like I haven't been there since.

Owell.

She was 1000 feet away :yes:

She was in Class G space.

To answer my own stupid quandary..the point is to keep VFRs clear of IFR traffic in IMC. The only way you'd be in trouble is if an IFR fight reported you. If a 747 were to pop out of that thing, you'd have more than the FAR question to explain. :D

Looked like a lot of fun, Diana. You ever come around Warsaw anymore?

Looked like a lot of fun, Diana. You ever come around Warsaw anymore?
Hi Dustin. How have you been? Still flying? How are the kids?

I landed at Lincoln on my grass strip tour in May. Nice little grass strip. My IAC chapter flew there for breakfast last month, but I wasn't able to make that meeting.

Dang, I almost made it into one of those shots, but Herb's noggin got in the way...:rolleyes:

It was fun meeting you and the rest of the gang! :D

Dang, I almost made it into one of those shots, but Herb's noggin got in the way...:rolleyes:

It was fun meeting you and the rest of the gang! :D
Hey Sean, welcome to the forum! It was nice meeting you at OSH!

Just for you Sean, I'm posting a picture of you (well, the back of your head anyway :D ), Bill Cloughley, and Herb Kushner.

Attachments

• Sean, Bill and Herb.JPG
    Sean, Bill and Herb.JPG
    322.7 KB · Views: 40
Hey Sean, welcome to the forum! It was nice meeting you at OSH!

Just for you Sean, I'm posting a picture of you (well, the back of your head anyway :D ), Bill Cloughley, and Herb Kushner.
I'm trying to recall this exact moment... I think Herb was expounding, Bill was skeptical, and I was laughing. Sound about right? :D

I finally got around to putting all my Oshkosh pictures on my page.

Link

In the "General" section there is one of Diana expounding to a bunch of Pilot of America posters and Mid-Atlantic Trunk Monkeys who are listening intently!

... Bill

Hi Dustin. How have you been? Still flying? How are the kids?

I landed at Lincoln on my grass strip tour in May. Nice little grass strip. My IAC chapter flew there for breakfast last month, but I wasn't able to make that meeting.

Work keeps me busy. Been doing ok though. Have not flown in 2 years, AGAIN! LOL. The kids are doing very well, the youngest starts Kindergarten this year :yes: :yes: :yes: . Not that I have been looking forward to this, lol.

Lincoln is nice. I have never landed on it but have been there. Would love to some day though.

Dustin

Link

Great narrative and photos, as usual, Bill. :yes: Thanks for posting the link.

I was up at Carol's in K.C. today and she asked about you. You really impressed her at Gaston's. She loved your Oregon Trail trip photos and descriptions.

In the "General" section there is one of Diana
Thank you for not putting me in the "Vintage" section. :D

expounding to a bunch of Pilot of America posters and Mid-Atlantic Trunk Monkeys who are listening intently!
I was not only expounding :yes: but also autographing my magazine article in that picture. There were a bunch of extra copies in the IAC building, so I grabbed several. The guys asked me to autograph them, and I was really flattered that they asked...I've never had anyone ask me to do that before.

Scratch "several" and replace with "them all". :rofl:
I thought I'd be nice and left two there that day. :princess: BUT, I went back and got those the next day. :D One of them was in the window dealie in that little box outside on the porch and it took 15 minutes for me and an EAA guy to get it out...he had to keep going back into the back room for more tools. :D He was quite nice, and helpful. :)

I thought I'd be nice and left two there that day. :princess: BUT, I went back and got those the next day. :D One of them was in the window dealie in that little box outside on the porch and it took 15 minutes for me and an EAA guy to get it out...he had to keep going back into the back room for more tools. :D He was quite nice, and helpful. :)

Diana, I read your article on the flight home. Very interesting and well done!

... Bill

I didn't get any good pics, but I'll post this one since it represents the fulfillment of a dream for me: camping under the wing of my plane at Oshkosh.

Great to see all the familiar faces from POA and Gaston's there!

Attachments

• 140 Tied down at KOSH07.JPG
    140 Tied down at KOSH07.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 25
I didn't get any good pics, but I'll post this one since it represents the fulfillment of a dream for me: camping under the wing of my plane at Oshkosh.

Great to see all the familiar faces from POA and Gaston's there!
And here are a couple representing the cessation of the dream, at least this year! Unfortunately, you had just fired up the engine when we arrived, so we didn't get a chance to say "Hey!"

Attachments

• IMG_0558 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0558 (Large).JPG
    90 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0559 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0559 (Large).JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 17
Diana, I read your article on the flight home. Very interesting and well done!
Thanks Bill. :) It was a pleasure working with Ken on this article. I received valuable input from special friends (and professionals) Gil (Trunk Monkey with the 7G172C :D ) and Stephen.

Sorry we didn't have more time to visit at Oshkosh.

Link

In the "General" section there is one of Diana expounding to a bunch of Pilot of America posters and Mid-Atlantic Trunk Monkeys who are listening intently!

... Bill

What? No picture of that DH-4? I hope you saw it...
Those in-fromation RV shots are amazing; thanks for sharing those.

Attachments

• IMG_0549 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0549 (Large).JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0563 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0563 (Large).JPG
    97 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0565 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0565 (Large).JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0571 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0571 (Large).JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0535 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0535 (Large).JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0538 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0538 (Large).JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 12
What? No picture of that DH-4? I hope you saw it...
Those in-fromation RV shots are amazing; thanks for sharing those.

I was mystified when you asked about the DH-4. But then a friend just sent me this fantastic link about the DH-4 and their adventure to AirVenture. Link. Turns out it arrived Friday around 2PM. I didn't see it come in or here about it and we had to leave around 4PM so I missed it completely. But the great web page takes some of the sting out of it.

Leah and I saw it taxi into its spot, we were down in Vintage at the time.

Leah actually saw it on Tuesday when it got to Poplar Grove with an Oil and Water Pump issue (I believe) she was preflighting the J3 Cub when it landed and followed everyone running up to greet it. Quite a trip.

Attachments

• DSC01358.JPG
    DSC01358.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 12
just read the narrative of the trip up in the DH-4. Incredible!

Back