Pictures from Kitty Hawk

Nick they were taken May of last year. I am a member of the Kitty Hawk 99's, and we do air markings at different airports around NC. Here at Kitty Hawk we painted First Flight. It was a rather fun trip, but a 4 1/2-5 hr. drive from Raleigh. :yes:

Great photos, and doing the markings for airports is a great idea. A lot more small airports can sure use a bit of that...hmmm...

Terry

Great pictures, I visited there in about 1997. The place was under some construction and we couldn't get into the monument part. It gave me goose bumps walking down that gravel path passed the markers 1st Flight Orville Wright, 2nd flight Wilbur Wright, and so forth. Every pilot should make the trek to Kill Devil Hills. :goofy:

HPNFlyGirl said:
Nick they were taken May of last year. I am a member of the Kitty Hawk 99's, and we do air markings at different airports around NC. Here at Kitty Hawk we painted First Flight. It was a rather fun trip, but a 4 1/2-5 hr. drive from Raleigh. :yes:

Your nice PIX bring back many memories of making the pilgrimage flight to Kitty Hawk as a new pilot. To me as a pilot, those carved stone wings are the coolest monument in the world !

Back