Pictures from Diana at OSH

Maybe you needed a bike. :D Hopefully it's a good kind of tired Jason. :yes: Although I imagine it was hard on your hip. Has it been a year since that happened?

19 months since the accident. Still have lots of metal in there.

Thanks Brian. :) Maybe next year YOU will be posting pictures from OSH. :yes:

Maybe next year I'll fly my 182 to OSH! Now that's a scary thought! :D

Maybe next year I'll fly my 182 to OSH! Now that's a scary thought! :D
No kidding! :D But at least you would be able to haul all your coffee in with you. :D

Speaking of which, there is nothing like starting the morning with freshly percolated coffee next to the airplane watching the place wake up with friends. :yes:

Here are a few pictures that Kim sent me. She was the photographer for the CAF this year. :)

Attachments

• IMG_6408.JPG
    IMG_6408.JPG
    220.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_6409.JPG
    IMG_6409.JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 39
Hey Diana, I think it's wonderful that you are willing to share all your adventures with everyone. I'm sure your presentation was great!

I've started calling her the Grass Queen. :D

Here's another picture...this one includes Kim and Phil as we sat around the campsite sipping wine and enjoying friends.

Attachments

• Campsite with friends.jpg
    Campsite with friends.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 36
Hey Diana, I think it's wonderful that you are willing to share all your adventures with everyone. I'm sure your presentation was great!
Thank you Mari. :) This presentation was similar to the trip in that sooooooo many wonderful people helped me along the way. People like my friends here. "We get by with a little help from our friends." :cheerswine:

Kent offered some very interesting insights into General Aviation. And while everyone was snoring in Row 518 on the North 40 at OSH, we had a very technical discussion that ran til Midnight CDT. Pity I had already planned to leave on Tuesday morning, because I did want to see the Live PodCast this coming Friday.

Hey Arnold,

Glad to see you made it here! :yes: It seems like OSH for me involves looking at airplanes and gadgets during the day (with some interviews included), and then having fun with other people at night until I'm so tired I tip over. Sleep until my airbed leaks enough to put me on the ground and the sun comes up to start cooking the tent, really wake up when the Trimotor takes off, and do it all over again! :yes: :D

One more picture. :D There's nothing like relaxing around the campsite with friends and a glass of wine.

Attachments

• toes.jpg
    toes.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 25
More pictures...mostly of people. :)

This one is me getting a big hug from Tom Sisk with Lady Bird and Ted D in the background. Marty Mayes and his family are in the back row to the right. I didn't realize it at the time or I would have gone over to talk with them. They are really special people. :yes: Pete is in that picture too, as well as Dick, the Pitts pilot from the IAC contest who gave me that red inspection plate that is still riding around on the Citabria.

Attachments

• Oshkosh 2008 007 e.jpg
    Oshkosh 2008 007 e.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 40
Diana, saw your presentation (nobody came to mine, sniff sniff. Oh well, your loss!). Sorry I didn't come up to introduce myself, there was a bit of a throng, and I had places to be.

Diana, saw your presentation (nobody came to mine, sniff sniff. Oh well, your loss!). Sorry I didn't come up to introduce myself, there was a bit of a throng, and I had places to be.
You were there?!?! I wish you would have said something, even before we got started. You could have met a lot of the people from here who were also there. Dang. Are you in the photo I posted? I have more of the audience that I'm posting later.

I had every intention of attending your presentation. But, as soon as I took off from the farm on the trip up there, everything seemed to change and nothing went as planned. :dunno: Do you mean nobody at all came to yours? :( They sure gave us crummy times, that's for sure! I assumed it's because we are first time presenters.

Did you see how the image on the wall was dancing around because the equipment was shaking so hard from the Raptor? Pretty impressive vibes.

Here are a couple shots I took of lunch Wednesday!
the back of Ted's head, Kent's friend whose name I can't remember, Greg, Kent, the side of Melissa's head, Sharon, Linda, Leslie.

(What is it with these engine folks not looking at the camera? :))
PoA_AV08_1.jpg

PoA_AV08_2.jpg

Sorry, I do not see the back of my handsome visage in the posted photos. Wrong side of the room, I guess. Yes, the Raptors did indeed make things interesting, and you certainly handled it quite well. I was in a green T-shirt and a giant straw hat. I definitely won the giant straw hat contest this year at Oshkosh.

My own audience was diminutive, which was good in a way. I was able to keep track of all my students, and everyone got everything. A couple of the older gentlemen came up after I was done, told me they'd been coming to Oshkosh for many years, and said that they had more fun at my schpiel than they ever had at an Oshkosh presentation.

OK, here are some more pictures of people at the presentation. Unfortunately Tom's timing was off and he didn't get Tim's smile at it's max.

Melissa and Ladybird are in black, Tim is in the white shirt and Ted is in the green shirt.

Attachments

• HPIM3947 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM3947 (Medium).JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 26
  • HPIM3949 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM3949 (Medium).JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 20
  • HPIM3950 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM3950 (Medium).JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 21
  • HPIM3948 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM3948 (Medium).JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 20
  • HPIM3951 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM3951 (Medium).JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 25
  • HPIM3938.JPG
    HPIM3938.JPG
    397.5 KB · Views: 31
You were much further up then linda an I.... we hid under the plane in the shade till they had us move up.
Well, I was running late and ended up way in the back. I looked for you! :D And I didn't wear my pink shirt...it didn't look good on me, so I wore a peach colored blouse instead.

I have yet to see their photo of the whole group...is it on the EAA site somewhere?

Ahh good, more pictures! :)

Would have been nice if we all posed together for a picture of the PoA folks! Espeically if we'd managed to get the crowd together before Pete and Steingar left!

OK, here are some more pictures of people at the presentation. Unfortunately Tom's timing was off and he didn't get Tim's smile at it's max.

Melissa and Ladybird are in black, Tim is in the white shirt and Ted is in the green shirt.
Isn't that Pete sitting with his Glider hat on?

Isn't that Pete sitting with his Glider hat on?
I believe it is. :yes: And Tom Sisk is the tall gentleman in the flowered shirt. Marty Mayes is in that picture too.

OH, and Mike Quinlin is there too.

Found it! The picture was on the EAA airventure site in the best of Friday photo album.

I'm thinking I want to photo shop in an arrow... "Missa is here"

Missa

Attachments

• Pink.jpeg
    Pink.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 27
Found it! The picture was on the EAA airventure site in the best of Friday photo album.

I'm thinking I want to photo shop in an arrow... "Missa is here"
Cool! Can you find yourself in that picture? I'm not sure if I can see myself.

It looked like a lot more people to me from where I was standing.

Cool! Can you find yourself in that picture? I'm not sure if I can see myself.

It looked like a lot more people to me from where I was standing.

Nope... I'm somewhere in the back near Linda and a lady waving a pink bandana. The picture quality is not the best and when I blew it up to see if I could find myseld the picture got all grainy. :dunno:

It was a very neat thing to see so many women aviators and I'm so excited to be part of such an awesome community (not just the women)! As a first-time OSH visitor, I thoroughly enjoyed our 2 days there! It was overwhelming because there was so much to see and do. But what impressed me most was the friendly atmosphere and how easy it was to connect with people.

By the way, I'm wearing green in the photo and picked myself out right away:+)

It was a very neat thing to see so many women aviators and I'm so excited to be part of such an awesome community (not just the women)! As a first-time OSH visitor, I thoroughly enjoyed our 2 days there! It was overwhelming because there was so much to see and do. But what impressed me most was the friendly atmosphere and how easy it was to connect with people.

By the way, I'm wearing green in the photo and picked myself out right away:+)

Linda, it was wonderful finally getting to meet you! And congratulations on passing your checkride yesterday! :yes::yes::yes: I hope that you will start a thread here and tell us more about it when you have time. :yes:

Linda, it was wonderful finally getting to meet you! And congratulations on passing your checkride yesterday! :yes::yes::yes: I hope that you will start a thread here and tell us more about it when you have time. :yes:

You will have to tell me how to start a thread! Have not done that before and now I feel I suddenly have more time! :dunno:

Hey, I'm at last free to "slip the surly bonds of earth" in our 172! I need my 3 hours with our CFI to be checked out, then we can really enjoy our plane! Can't wait!

You will have to tell me how to start a thread! Have not done that before and now I feel I suddenly have more time! :dunno:

Go into the fourm you would like to post the thread in... hit the "new thread" button at the top right of the list of threads.

No, I didn't have my camera at the white house. Hum, but I think I did use Rick's. I'll have to check with him.

Thanks, I'll have to try start a thread. I appreciate the info!

Back