Picture of the Day.

Very cool. I really hope that I'm still healthy enough to be able to fly when I'm that old.

Congrats, Bob!

At my airport, one of our most active pilots is 82. He, too, is a member of the Flying Octagenarians.

I'm afraid we are going to see a lot more of this, with so few young people flying. In our gang, Mary and I are still often the "youngsters" -- and I'm 57!

Congrats, Bob!

At my airport, one of our most active pilots is 82. He, too, is a member of the Flying Octagenarians.

I'm afraid we are going to see a lot more of this, with so few young people flying. In our gang, Mary and I are still often the "youngsters" -- and I'm 57!
Maybe we'll eventually see a resurgence. I often see plenty of folks younger than I getting lessons and renting, at least... And I'm less than half your age. Unfortunately, I don't see many getting any more involved. Additionally, most of the guys I know that go pro lose any desire to do it for fun.

For example, a guy I know who recently left CFI work for a small corporate gig likened him going to Oshkosh to me going to a sysadmin sleep over. When I replied that I do go to a couple of industry conferences every year, I got no real reply lol

Maybe we'll eventually see a resurgence. I often see plenty of folks younger than I getting lessons and renting, at least... And I'm less than half your age. Unfortunately, I don't see many getting any more involved. Additionally, most of the guys I know that go pro lose any desire to do it for fun.

For example, a guy I know who recently left CFI work for a small corporate gig likened him going to Oshkosh to me going to a sysadmin sleep over. When I replied that I do go to a couple of industry conferences every year, I got no real reply lol
Comparing Oshkosh to a business conference tells me that he has NO idea what he's talking about.

A closer parallel might be a week-long company Christmas party. ;)

Great photo - I think unpainted straight-tail Cessnas are beautiful!

Comparing Oshkosh to a business conference tells me that he has NO idea what he's talking about.

A closer parallel might be a week-long company Christmas party. ;)
Some of the conferences I've been to are similar. Love 'em!

Back