Picture of the day

Eamon

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Eamon
This is a shot of LGA airport with the NYC skyline in the background. It was taken by me while over the Old Flushing Airport In College Pt, Queens. It really captures the grandness of NYC from Harlem (Far right) to almost the south tip. If the WTC were standing, it would have been just at my strut.

The Empire State is just left of center & that is in Mid-town @ 34 st & 5th ave.

Eamon said:
This is a shot of LGA airport with the NYC skyline in the background. It was taken by me while over the Old Flushing Airport In College Pt, Queens. It really captures the grandness of NYC from Harlem (Far right) to almost the south tip. If the WTC were standing, it would have been just at my strut.

The Empire State is just left of center & that is in Mid-town @ 34 st & 5th ave.

You can see the Jail Barge across the river from Rikers Island:hairraise:

Henning said:
You can see the Jail Barge across the river from Rikers Island:hairraise:
It is a nice place to visit LOL

I have been to Riker's many times. I always felt scared & I wasn't even being detained. Well actually even as a visitor, you are detained. That is the scary part.

The Bridge to the right & behind LGA is the only way on to Riker's island. It goes from 19 Ave & Hazen, Astoria Queens.

Very nice pic. You imbound for a landing or scud running?

And where's Riker's Island? Is it under the plane?

Eamon said:

Nice photo. I (heart) NY

silver-eagle said:
Very nice pic. You imbound for a landing or scud running?

And where's Riker's Island? Is it under the plane?

in the middle of the right side of the photo you can see the runway of LGA extended from left to right past the end of the photo. Just toward the top of the photo front the runway is a small bridge going from left to right. Thia is the bridge to Riler's Island. The Island is past thr photo to rhe right in the middle.

I took this photo in the cutout for Flushing airport that is still there even though the airport is closed. I was talking to LGA tower & I told them I was on a photo mission.

Brian Austin said:
And, on the opposite end of the aviation spectrum...

BEAUTIFUL!

Brian, did you take that photograph?

Brian Austin said:
And, on the opposite end of the aviation spectrum...
Wow, pretty! I LOVE butterflies. Nice picture Brian.

Carol said:
BEAUTIFUL!

Brian, did you take that photograph?
Yes, I took it on Monday. The little guy is the first we've seen for a while during some landscape renovation. I grabbed the camera with the big lens and snapped about 40 pictures. The nice thing about digital is instant gratification and no film costs.

I got two or three decent shots out of it. I should have bumped up the shutter speed a little (I generally shoot manual) but was in such a hurry because he wasn't staying still and kept wandering away. The blur at the top of his(her?) wing is actually motion.

Back