Picture of a checkride...

CJones

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
uHaveNoIdea
Downloaded the saved tracks from the Garmin 396, did some sort of 'step 1-3' stuff and got it to load into Google Earth.

Here's the picture of my IR checkride back in December. Pretty basic.

Attachments

• IR_Checkride_Track.JPG
    IR_Checkride_Track.JPG
    281 KB · Views: 382
Looks like you did a good hold.

It felt a LOT worse! Went missed on the ILS 36, climb 3000 direct VOR. Climbing out in the RV gives me 110KIAS/1600fpm. By the time I climbed out, got tuned into the VOR (one VOR/LOC in plane) and got a bearing to the VOR, I was scooting along at about 200kts GS. Before I knew it, I was AT and PAST the VOR. Luckily, I never lost my bearings in reference to the VOR and was able to talk my way through a VERY rough hold procedure. It looks a lot better on the map than it felt in the air. ha!

Downloaded the saved tracks from the Garmin 396, did some sort of 'step 1-3' stuff and got it to load into Google Earth.

Here's the picture of my IR checkride back in December. Pretty basic.

You have a report to go with that? A sequence of what you did?

You have a report to go with that? A sequence of what you did?

Uhhhh... All I can remember is "Burlington Traffic, N277DL departing 30, Burlington"...... everything after that was a blur until "Burlington traffic, N277DL, clear of all runways, Burlington". ha!

awesome Chris - I want to do something like that.

Looks like you did a good hold.

That's what I was thinkin. My ground track looks more like a bowl of spaghetti. Nice work, Chris.

FYI... there's a way to get these tracks to show up in 3D (with Altitude) in Google Earth. PM me if you're interested.

yea no kidding, who taught you to hold that good?

yea no kidding, who taught you to hold that good?

Hmmm... Not sure.. I think I read about it in a book somewhere. :D

For those of you that don't know -- Tony was my CFII that got me to the point I could perform to at least minimum standards on the checkride. ;)

-Chris

Hmmm... Not sure.. I think I read about it in a book somewhere. :D

For those of you that don't know -- Tony was my CFII that got me to the point I could perform to at least minimum standards on the checkride. ;)

-Chris

yep by then I was so sick of him that I just signed him off ;)

Back