Pics from todays flight!

Rudy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rudy
Well,
This morning my brother wanted to go up flying and take pictures of my Grandpa's land where he is going to hunt this year. So while we were at it, I had him take quite a few pictures for me!

The first photo. is right after take-off and is of runway 3-21 which is currently closed and being re-done.

The second just a shot down my wing while turning.

The third a look straight out with KPTS just above the nose!

The fourth is me turning final
and finally the fifth is on short final!!

Rudy said:
Well,
This morning my brother wanted to go up flying and take pictures of my Grandpa's land where he is going to hunt this year. So while we were at it, I had him take quite a few pictures for me!

The first photo. is right after take-off and is of runway 3-21 which is currently closed and being re-done.

The second just a shot down my wing while turning.

The third a look straight out with KPTS just above the nose!

The fourth is me turning final
and finally the fifth is on short final!!
Hey Rudy, glad you're out having fun with the Cherokee. Is your brother ready for his check ride yet?

When I was taking my check ride with your grandpa, we ended up looking at his cattle while we were out flying around. The fact that we were doing that seemed to help me relax somehow. It seems like I picked the less than perfect color field for my simulated emergency landing, but it had to do more with how much the prop would harvest than anything else. :)

Yeah i am having a blast,

Bret isn't quite ready, getting there though!

Its funny everytime we fly, Grandpa likes to go over the farm just to make sure everything is ok.
That is really funny he did that on your check-ride, guess it shows he was pretty comfortable with you in there too!!

Good job Rudy. Keep on flying and having fun. Plan on getting out west one of these days.

OK Diana and Rudy,

:yes: You have let the "cat" out of the bag. Now almost all is know about some of my DE tricks. Hundreds of students have been required to make certian turns to certain headings to fly me over the farm so I can inspect the crops and see if any one is fishing my strip pits. When I ask for a turn about a point and ask the student to use that silo down there as the point, they, until now, did not know that I was on a farm inspection tour at no cost to me. Just one of my many tricks to calm them down between manuvers. I will think of some new ones to replace what has been exposed.:cheerswine:

Grandpa

jbelew said:
OK Diana and Rudy,

:yes: You have let the "cat" out of the bag.

Ut oh. :eek:

Jim, I forgot that you read these too. :)

jbelew said:
Now almost all is know about some of my DE tricks. Hundreds of students have been required to make certian turns to certain headings to fly me over the farm so I can inspect the crops and see if any one is fishing my strip pits. When I ask for a turn about a point and ask the student to use that silo down there as the point, they, until now, did not know that I was on a farm inspection tour at no cost to me. Just one of my many tricks to calm them down between manuvers. I will think of some new ones to replace what has been exposed.:cheerswine:
I must say, you did a great job of helping me relax with my check ride. :yes:

jbelew said:
OK Diana and Rudy,

:yes: You have let the "cat" out of the bag. Now almost all is know about some of my DE tricks. Hundreds of students have been required to make certian turns to certain headings to fly me over the farm so I can inspect the crops and see if any one is fishing my strip pits. When I ask for a turn about a point and ask the student to use that silo down there as the point, they, until now, did not know that I was on a farm inspection tour at no cost to me. Just one of my many tricks to calm them down between manuvers. I will think of some new ones to replace what has been exposed.:cheerswine:

Grandpa
Haha, oops!!

It looks like I remember it from last week.

The ag-planes were taking off 34, spraying the fields to the north (just to the right) of the water tower in picture #3, then popping back up over the trees and landing 16. They were making round trips about every 10 minutes.
Matt

Back