Picky passenger

Ah... thanks.

I can't help but think the company needs better lawyers...
Based on experience, I suspect the lawyer's mistake was accepting his client's answer that it could comply with the customer's limitations.

I run a company that performs government services contracts. It is extremely difficult to consistently meet all contract terms, and takes a great deal of sustained effort to build management processes to ensure compliance at an acceptable standard.

It's the one-offs that get you. People have a natural inclination to do things the way they always have. Throw a curve ball into the fine print and you better have someone tracking it at each point in performance or it will slip through the cracks.

I'm a Regional Manager on a government service contract and Ed is 100% correct. Small changes that seem reasonable can actually make it so the employee can never meet the contract fully. You do the best you can... The customer usually understands when the evidence is presented in a reasonable way.

I’m curious if resolution was attempted prior to the lawsuit.
There may be an Arbitration Clause. Those are pretty common. But it looks like suit has already been filed. I'm sure there will be some attempt at negotiation before it goes to Trial.

Singer Andrea Bocelli sues private jet firm

Andrea Bocelli, the Italian operatic singer, is suing New Hampshire-based Private Jet Services Group over breach-of-contract allegations that the firm gave him a noisy, cold private jet with personnel who warned of possible turbulence against his wishes.

Mr. Bocelli, blinded by a soccer injury in his childhood, has heightened hearing sensitivity, and he is particularly “sensitive to the elevated noise that an older airplane tends to make in flight, with such elevated noise causing him more anxiety,” the lawsuit stated.

Full article: http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2022/09/singer-andrea-bocelli-sues-private-jet.html

Hmmm I don't see it on their news blog... https://www.pjsgroup.com/news-blog/

There may be an Arbitration Clause. Those are pretty common. But it looks like suit has already been filed. I'm sure there will be some attempt at negotiation before it goes to Trial.

That wasn’t what I was specifically wondering about. I know an employer who’s more willing to be an obstinate ******** than admit they could have made an error. That attitude cost them a little over $10M (plus fees and their own costs) in an arbitration settlement over an employee termination issue.

I don't know the charter business - but if significant turbulence is likely wouldn't the crew need to warn the PAX? Contract or no, wouldn't the PIC decision override that particular item in the contract? "Hey, put on your sea tbelt Snowflake."

Back