PHX area broker recommendations?

Brian Austin

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Brian Austin
My father-in-law has decided to sell his 1974 Bonanza V35. He bought it a few years ago, hasn't flown it often enough and wants to sell it. Immediately after buying it, he had just about everything that hadn't been upgraded yet brought up to the absolute latest, short of full glass. Sandel HSI, speedbrakes, newly overhauled engines, G530/430 combination, new interior, new paint, everything. It's essentially a new plane with an older fuselage (2900TT).

He wants to bring it down from Oregon to Phoenix and park it inside in a broker's hangar somewhere. He's asked me to look around for someone. I'll make some calls on Monday but thought I'd see if anyone here has any recommendations.

And, if you're looking for a Bo or know anyone who is, we can avoid the whole broker thing altogether. He's not adverse to paying a little commission, either. ;)

Thanks for any input!

Oh, there is one big broker in the Phx area. You probably get cards in the mail offering to buy your plane.... ;) However, I've heard enough about that one (and seen some of the planes parked on the ramp at the subject airport) to suggest that you get a bunch of opinions before choosing :confused: ;) ;)

One other thing to keep in mind. In some states a private sale qualifies for sales tax casual sale exemption... but a broker usually doesn't...

wsuffa said:
Oh, there is one big broker in the Phx area. You probably get cards in the mail offering to buy your plane.... ;) However, I've heard enough about that one (and seen some of the planes parked on the ramp at the subject airport) to suggest that you get a bunch of opinions before choosing :confused: ;) ;)

One other thing to keep in mind. In some states a private sale qualifies for sales tax casual sale exemption... but a broker usually doesn't...
I'm aware of who you're referring to. ;)

Thanks for the sales tax reference. Good point that we'll keep in mind!

Brian,
I just met a guy today that moved to Grand Rapids, Michigan from Phoenix(Deer Valley) where he hangared his Comanche. His name is Stuart Fall. You know him?
I know there are approx 1000 airplanes at KDVT, so I don't suspect you do.
Sorry for hi-jacking the thread.
Gary

RockComm114 said:
Brian,
I just met a guy today that moved to Grand Rapids, Michigan from Phoenix(Deer Valley) where he hangared his Comanche. His name is Stuart Fall. You know him?
I know there are approx 1000 airplanes at KDVT, so I don't suspect you do.
Sorry for hi-jacking the thread.
Gary
The name sounds vaguely familiar, like I saw it on a signup roster or printed somewhere. Can't say that I've met him, though.

Ironic, though: I moved from Grand Rapids, MI to Phoenix about six years ago!

No problem on thread creep. That's half the fun of these conversations!

Back