php graphing package

Areeda

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Areeda
I have a project that requires generating some graphs from php.

What are people using to do this?

I found jpgraph.net which looks pretty good but restricts commercial use. OK for this project but if I'm going to invest the time learning I'd like to have it available. I didn't check the price to buy it, if it's recommended highly enough it's possible.

PEAR has Image_Graph but it's not supported. I'm checking it out and if it's close to prime-time ready, I may even take over support.

Anybody got something I'm missing?

Jesse what do you use for JesseWeather?

For the record here's what I'm working on (playing with):
Einstein@home is an interesting way to use your idle cpu cycles. They have about 2 million computers that registered (not all active) and had benchmarks run. That data is available for statistics. So I've broken it down to individual cpu models and want a website that compares them. Here's an aggregate sample:

CreditHist02.png

Those were plotted manually in a spread sheet.

Joe

I will be interested to see what you come up with on this. I have some projects at work that could be 'sweetened' by having built-in graphing abilities.

The one time that I looked at it, it seems that I tried using a Google API of some sort to generate graphs - you send a link with querystring variables in it to a Google site and it would return an image file of the graph. Haven't looked at it in several months, though.

I used JPgraph.

Really, these days, you're better off using javascript graphing libraries (that is where all the development action is). You just build JSON objects and then call them using AJAX from the javascript. Or you could populate the DOM with the json objects on page load.

If I had to do it again I'd be using a javascript library. For WnB Pro I used: http://code.google.com/p/flot/

I took a look at their website. I was hoping for something already integrated if not written in PHP. I'm not sure the time-series will fit my needs.

I think if I resort to external programs to generate the plots I will use the java package that I'm familar with. Hmmm, that might be the fastest route.

Anyway thanks for the suggestion. It may work.

Joe

I used JPgraph.

Really, these days, you're better off using javascript graphing libraries (that is where all the development action is). You just build JSON objects and then call them using AJAX from the javascript. Or you could populate the DOM with the json objects on page load.

If I had to do it again I'd be using a javascript library. For WnB Pro I used: http://code.google.com/p/flot/

Thanks. JPgraph looks OK except for the license. I'll check out the google code.

Joe

Thanks. JPgraph looks OK except for the license. I'll check out the google code.

Joe
It's not written by Google - the project's code is simply hosted by Google.

It's not written by Google - the project's code is simply hosted by Google.
I see that now. This is just what I want.
I just displayed my first graph, everything was hand coded as I learn the API but it will work just fine.

Thanks Jesse.

Back