Photophobic

HPNFlyGirl

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iBrookieMonster
On our trip though Tucumcari, NM we had a wicked wind storm come though and blow dirt, dust, sand etc. into my eyes.

When we made it to the motel I washed my face and put lotion on. In the morning my eyes were very irritated. I thought it may have been since I had lotion on my hands and it had gotten in my eyes, so I rinsed them with some cold water.

While at TCC they were very sensitive to light. Most of the flight from TCC to FLG I had them closed. When we went to breakfast in Flagstaff my vision became blurry. When Felix and I went back to the FBO I rinsed my eyes out with water again.

Flying back to OAK I had to close my eyes most the way since they were so light sensitive. Felix thinks I sleep too much. After I was dropped off at the airport to catch my flight home, it wasn't too bad since the airport was darker than what it was outside.

Im glad I ended up taking the red eye (no pun intended) back to RDU. When I arrived in Raleigh, my vision was even blurrier. I drove home and took a shower and rinsed my eyes out again then went to work around noon.

I called my eye doctor when I went into work and he said he could see me at about 5:15. Im so glad hes just a block away from my office. He put some dye in my eyes (which stung very bad) and he said my corneas were scratched. :(

He wrote me a precription for some eye drops and also told me to take some "Refresh Plus" to help when not taking the presrciption drops. Those feel really good straight from the fridge.

I am still photophobic and they mx guys at work had to take most the florescent bulbs out of my office and I have to wear shades at work. Kinda cool actually, because people can't see my eyes. :)

I was hoping to start back on the IR this week but hopefully next week if my eyes feel better.

AND YOU GUYS THOUGHT I WAS AFRAID OF TAKING PICTURES. :rofl:

ow, Brook - that is one of the most painful things! Stay out of the sun and wind til you heal! Take care of those little things, ya need em!
Someday I will tell you bout the stick I got in my eye. :(

Dang girl! That sounds like it hurts. As a contact wearer...I can relate though, doesn't take much to make those eyes VERY unhappy.

Keep the shades on, the lights down low and take care of those eyes! :yes:

Last edited:
PS Brook you are possibly the youngest member of POA, your profile shows you being born in 2007!

Hey, do what we do! In my office, we've removed five out of every six flourescent ceiling bulb! If we need light, we use task lighting! And a scratched cornea HURTS! Take care of it!

Man, Brook, I'm sorry to hear it. Scratched eyes suck (been there, myself, windstorm about 5 years ago).

KTCC is quite dusty sometimes, I'm not surprised!

I had an eye scratched once, pretty painful. The doctor gave me some eyedrops - said it would feel like peanut butter in my eye. It sure did, but it healed pretty quickly after that.

That happened to me once. What a Nightmare! I was hanging blinds and a fragment from a screw got in my eye that I couldn't feel it until I went to bed and got in r.e.m. I went to the e.r. and they tried wipe it off with a q-tip. No joy. The next day I went to an eye doctor who picked it out with a needle. It really sucked. I was left with a scratched cornea and a rust ring.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back