Photo from this morning

gibbons

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iRide
My wife snapped this photo of the Rocky Mountains just south of Monarch Pass in Colorado. We were at 13,000' about 5 miles east of Monarch. Beautiful country.

gibbons said:
My wife snapped this photo of the Rocky Mountains just south of Monarch Pass in Colorado. We were at 13,000' about 5 miles east of Monarch. Beautiful country.

Cool!

gibbons said:

I thought that those rocks looked awfully familiar though from an angle I haven't managed to see yet. I use go skiing at Monarch a couple times a year. Very beautiful country.

gibbons said:

The sky is so clear and the vis so good above those clouds. Nice photo. Thanks.

jdwatson said:
Wow... that's goregous. what were you flying in ?
We were in an A36 Bonanza. I sure was wishing I had Dave Siciliano's Bonanza for the trip. A normally aspirated Bonanza at 14,000' isn't putting out much HP.

[edit]Yes, I know 14,000' east bound isn't the correct altitude, but a few miles down the road at 13,000 I was at the tops and asked for 13,500'. The best Denver Center could do was 14,000 which I gladly accepted. So no altitude flames, please. :) [/edit]

Last edited:
Back