PHOENIX northbound transition.

amoel

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
amoel
hello guys,

I’m looking for advice on the best way to get to KSDL Scottsdale coming from San Diego VFR.

AFTER Gila Bend GBN I’m planing on descending from 7500 to 4200 and fly direct to PHX. If I request a northbound transition trough the bravo how likely am I to get it along this route? I’m trying to not file IFR this Thursday is going to be CAVU. MAYBE ask for a pop up ifr approach GPS- E?

Any better ideas? Thanks!

If I were doing it, I'd just head for Gila Crossing (VPGLX) and ask for the VFR transition from there.

In my limited experience (2x) the force you to the north, thru the training area west of bravo. You’ll be in with traffic from DVT, keep your eyes open.

In my limited experience (2x) the force you to the north, thru the training area west of bravo. You’ll be in with traffic from DVT, keep your eyes open.

Yep...they will likely have you fly right over the White Tank mountains and then towards Deer Valley and then Scottsdale. Unless you went South and did the VFR transition over Phoenix Sky Harbor and then right to Scottsdale...either way is fine.

hello guys,

I’m looking for advice on the best way to get to KSDL Scottsdale coming from San Diego VFR.

AFTER Gila Bend GBN I’m planing on descending from 7500 to 4200 and fly direct to PHX. If I request a northbound transition trough the bravo how likely am I to get it along this route? I’m trying to not file IFR this Thursday is going to be CAVU. MAYBE ask for a pop up ifr approach GPS- E?

I've done the East/West Route a few times and had no trouble getting it. That was a couple years ago.

If you call them from firebird lake they always give you the transition. They won't force you around the the airspace.

hello guys,

As you get close to Phoenix just call the number on the TAC and they will give you a transition. It's the easiest class B flying you can do IMO.

Thank you very much guys... I’ll ask for the east/west from VPGLX or similar...

Thanks!

Oh wait you said Gila Bend for some reason I was thinking Buckeye...yea you’ll definitely do the bravo transition

Back