Phoenix East Aviation

airbornejohnny

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Lawn Dart
...is where I'm planning on going for flight training. I've got quite a bit of time before I actually head down there and have been hitting the books on my own in the meantime.
I just thought I'd ask around for any feedback about the school. Schools like to pat themselves on the back and as much as I'd love to believe all of them, sometimes there's more to know.
Anyone familiar with them? Thoughts?

If your looking for career ratings...
Part 61 you could do all of that for around 25k..PM If you need some places. I wouldn't go to an "academy" for all the tea in China.

If your looking for career ratings...
Part 61 you could do all of that for around 25k..PM If you need some places. I wouldn't go to an "academy" for all the tea in China.

True, but part of why I'm looking to go there is so I can use my G.I. Bill, which I think won't cover a part 61. Maybe I'm wrong, but I have had a hard time finding straight answers on this issue as well...
Either way I'd likely be taking out a loan to pay for training; MGIB reimburses and the new Post9/11 GIB I don't believe applies to flight training...I am sure however neither will pay for PPL, only further training from there.

Do you already have a college degree? If not consider using your GI bill to attend a school that have aviation and can get you a bachelors degree. That way you will have some training to fall back on when you get furloughed as a pilot.

Do you already have a college degree? If not consider using your GI bill to attend a school that have aviation and can get you a bachelors degree. That way you will have some training to fall back on when you get furloughed as a pilot.

Im furloughed in the college degree. I started out toward Ciminal Justice, joined the Army, came back and lost interest in law enforcement. Im also not sure what to do there, whether to just finish CJ, or find another major. Right now my focus is flight school. I know it may sound backward, but thats an Irish stick in the mud for ya.:dunno:

You would not be the first undergraduate who changed majors. It's worth thinking about.

I'd rather be an unemployed pilot with a college degree than an unemployed pilot, especially if someone else (everyone else :wink2:) paid for the degree.

Back