Phoenix area

Chip_pilot

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Chip_pilot
Any members from the Phoenix area, I could use info on any available aircraft storage options available. I might be relocating in the near future. Thanks!

I assume you are looking for a hangar?

Mesa Falcon (FFZ) has a pretty long waiting list last I heard (like a year or two at best)

Deer Valley (DVT) may be able to get you into a hangar quickly, but most folks try to avoid that place like the plague.

Those are the only ones I have personal experience with. Another question is.....where in the Phoenix area are you relocating to and how far do you want to drive to fly your plane?

Deer Valley (DVT) may be able to get you into a hangar quickly, but most folks try to avoid that place like the plague.

Why? I work very close to the Deer Valley airport and it seems like a nice enough place. Then again I do not have an airplane hangared there either.

Just wondering.

Just the insane levels of traffic with lots of non-native English speakers at DVT with all the foreign flight schools... Gets kinda wooly there.

Just the insane levels of traffic with lots of non-native English speakers at DVT with all the foreign flight schools... Gets kinda wooly there.

Ahh, yes that is true. I have often wondered how they enjoy flying here in the summer time:)

Another question is.....where in the Phoenix area are you relocating to and how far do you want to drive to fly your plane?

I would be working at PHX. I can base anywhere as I do not have a place to live yet. I need one of those also if my bid works out. I used to live in Glendale years ago. It is where I grew up.

I have flown into Glendale several times, nice airport but I dont know prices there. My friend has a hanger there and I have rotated his 177, 182 and 172 between there and Camarillo.

Hangar space is at a premium.
Exactly...my dad kept his plane at DVT only because he was able to get a hangar there on short notice while waiting over 2 years on the wait list at FFZ.

You might look into Glendale or Chandler. I doubt you'd find anything at SDL. I'd only go to DVT if you absolutely need a hangar and that's the only place you can get in. Just too dang busy and between the green controllers and tons of foreign students, it is a miseable if not down right unsafe place to fly.

I know some people who used to be based there, I'll see what I can find out. This might take a few days as I don't have the phone number, will need to ask in person.

Can't make make any promises.

Glendale is expensive. Some battle between the guy who owns the hangars and the airport. Or so I've heard.

Friend who lives a couple miles from Glendale keeps his Cessna at DVT.

Thanks for the help. Just don't spend a lot of time on it as it is not a sure thing. I am at the mercy of a seniority system.

Back