Phoenix area airports panorama

If you look at it on an ipad it uses the inner compass and level tilt to move around too. El neato

Very cool technology, but they don't have Steller Airpark listed about 10 miles west of Chandler. Nice place to over night.

They also do not have a current KFFZ. The image is prior to the big taxiway overhaul.

I wish they had that 10 years ago when I was doing a quick flight from KGEU to KFFZ. I had never been to that side of the valley, and had no idea I had to look for a big orange grove off the edge of the airport. Needless to say that Tower was not very happy with my lack of knowledge.

Oh the years before Foreflight and Satellite based Iphones.

I wish they had that 10 years ago when I was doing a quick flight from KGEU to KFFZ. I had never been to that side of the valley, and had no idea I had to look for a big orange grove off the edge of the airport. Needless to say that Tower was not very happy with my lack of knowledge.

Oh the years before Foreflight and Satellite based Iphones.

I've dealt with a DVT controller that kept trying to get me to report some mall when I was inbound on a visual approach on an IFR flight plan. I pretty much just lol'd at him after the 3rd time he asked. Yet another reason why I despise DVT...

I've dealt with a DVT controller that kept trying to get me to report some mall when I was inbound on a visual approach on an IFR flight plan. I pretty much just lol'd at him after the 3rd time he asked. Yet another reason why I despise DVT...

It's because the only radar they have is a feed from PHX TRACON, so near the airport the surrounding mountains block much of it out. They freak out because they have all the foreign flight training students mixed with IFR arrivals and have no clue where anyone is. On top of that it is a training tower (so I'm told). Many good reasons to avoid it like the plague.

It's because the only radar they have is a feed from PHX TRACON, so near the airport the surrounding mountains block much of it out. They freak out because they have all the foreign flight training students mixed with IFR arrivals and have no clue where anyone is. On top of that it is a training tower (so I'm told). Many good reasons to avoid it like the plague.

The boss has to go to downtown Phoenix every few months for a meeting, so I just use PHX these days. It's easier/safer than DVT and closer to downtown.

The boss has to go to downtown Phoenix every few months for a meeting, so I just use PHX these days. It's easier/safer than DVT and closer to downtown.

Agreed. I almost always fly into PHX. MUCH smoother.

Check out Steller if you have a chance. The guy that built it lives on the east side. Very cool set of hangars with very cool airplanes and helos inside. Hell of a nice guy.
Stellar is not a bad little airport. I grew up only a mile or two away from it. Used to fly in there with my dad when I was a kid, but it has been at least a couple of decades since.

When I last flew in there, there was almost no development around the airport. Vacant lots and alfalfa fields everywhere. Now, it's houses for as far as the eye can see.

Back