Philly PIREP request- skyline....

Mattl

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Matt
Good evening everyone- I'm taking a friend up tomorrow morning for breakfast in the NW Philly suburbs (weather permitting) from KGAI. The question I'm posing - I've heard rumors that Philly Approach will give GA aircraft vectors through the bravo for a "Downtown Skyline Tour".

I'm my experience with Philly ATC- they are very accommodating and in my flights in to and around their airspace, have been very helpful. (If you're on POA - thank you for prior help!)

So is this even something they'll help out with? If so- is there a phrase or way to request it beyond requesting flight following with a route of downtown and then back to KGAI? (Or even a phone number to call before hand so as not to tie up the radio.)

Thanks in advance for the help!

Good evening everyone- I'm taking a friend up tomorrow morning for breakfast in the NW Philly suburbs (weather permitting) from KGAI. The question I'm posing - I've heard rumors that Philly Approach will give GA aircraft vectors through the bravo for a "Downtown Skyline Tour".

I'm my experience with Philly ATC- they are very accommodating and in my flights in to and around their airspace, have been very helpful. (If you're on POA - thank you for prior help!)

So is this even something they'll help out with? If so- is there a phrase or way to request it beyond requesting flight following with a route of downtown and then back to KGAI? (Or even a phone number to call before hand so as not to tie up the radio.)

Thanks in advance for the help!

I was cleared though bravo through center city both ways last weekend on my way from dyl to wwd(if you want to look up course) @3000. Your best bet may be to request delaware river at 1500+/- and to turn around at the walt whitman bridge. Anything further southwest puts you close phl.

You can also get a pretty view from 1400 ft under the airspace.

Matt if your coming from the NW of the City call up Philly App on 123.8 when outside the Bravo, Tell them you want a city tour. Tell them that you would like to circle the city from north to south right hand turns at 2K and that you will stay north of the stadiums.

Keep PNE off your left wing and make a right hand circle around the city, tell them how many circuits you want to do and you should not have a problem. Enjoy the flight. Keep an eye out for the towers by Roxborough.

Matt if your coming from the NW of the City call up Philly App on 123.8 when outside the Bravo, Tell them you want a city tour. Tell them that you would like to circle the city from north to south right hand turns at 2K and that you will stay north of the stadiums.

Keep PNE off your left wing and make a right hand circle around the city, tell them how many circuits you want to do and you should not have a problem. Enjoy the flight. Keep an eye out for the towers by Roxborough.

Thank you Adam- I'm thinking it was you at your place last year for the FlyBQ steak and cheese night that told me this, but I didn't recall the specifics. I hope you're doing well!

Yup doing well Matt. Missed you at the FlyBq this year. Hopefully you will make it next year.

Back