Philly area POA'ers - Drinks and Dinner Sat 11/5?

Anthony

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Anthony
Its been a while since the Wings FlyBQ, and a while since we've gotten together as a group.

Anybody interested in meeting for drinks/dinner in King of Prussia or somewhere relatively central for us? Spouses included as I will bring mine. :D

Open to other suggestions in the region as well.

I'd come up from DC but going to Mexico tomorrow AM. Next time!

I may be able to make it. I moved back to the area from FL, would be nice to meet more pilots around here.

I have Mikes # as well as yours Anthony, I'll make some calls and see if we can't put something together. I have to be at a College Lacrosse Showcase all day tomorrow I'll call in between games.

Sounds good. I'll ping Gary Shelby and Gary Mascelli too, or hopefully they'll see this. Rob, Andrew, anyone else around is certainly welcome.

Sounds good. I'll ping Gary Shelby and Gary Mascelli too, or hopefully they'll see this. Rob, Andrew, anyone else around is certainly welcome.

Hmmm... at the moment, I'll give it a possible maybe.

Gary

checking in...thanks for the PM.

Adam has my number, let us know the place and time. Working around the house today and trying to get some school work completed but we should be able to attend. I would confirm with the princess but she is still sleeping.

Sounds good. I am looking for a casual place that can accomodate us, and will post that here, so you'll get the word Gary.

This will work! If near King of Prussia, I couldn't be there before 6:30PM.

Gary

This will work! If near King of Prussia, I couldn't be there before 6:30PM.

Gary

Great! I am looking for a place around KOP. If anyone has suggestions, I am all ears. I'm thinking 7:00 ish or so, but that is flexible too.

I may be able to make it. I moved back to the area from FL, would be nice to meet more pilots around here.

Mike. Hope you can make it. It is a great bunch!

Remember guys, spouses are WELCOME!

Great! I am looking for a place around KOP. If anyone has suggestions, I am all ears. I'm thinking 7:00 ish or so, but that is flexible too.

Rock Bottom (at the mall) has good beer, decent bar food; Legal Seafood, good food, bit pricy (but we are worth it!); Maggianos Little Italy, chain, big place; Bahama Breeze, another chain, not all bad; Capitol Grill is very good, bring lots of $$.

If you want to try Phoenixville, the Sly Fox has excellent beer, food is decent

I'm pretty flexible. 7PM is fine.

Gary

Can't make it tonight guys, we have our twins 7th birthday party this afternoon/evening with the family and cousins.

For ideas, good places to eat would be The Fox and Hound restaurant, or Rock Bottom, both of which are directly adjacent to the mall off North Gulph road entry and 202.

Both have good food and atmosphere. Rock Bottom has their own selection of brews too.

So in order of preference, I'm hearing:

Rock Bottom
Fox and Hounds
Legal Sea Food
Maggianos

Sly Fox is good too, but it may be out of the way for some???

I'll pick one soon and post it. Any other ideas/preferences?

Rob, sorry you and your wife can't make it.

OK. Rock Bottom Brewery it is.

The address to plug inot your Garmin 530 (now obsolete) is:

1001 King of Prussia Plaza (at the Mall)
King of Prussia, PA

7:00 PM. I'm going to call and see if I can reserve a table for 10 or so.

Anyone else coming?

OK. Rock Bottom Brewery it is.

The address to plug inot your Garmin 530 (now obsolete) is:

1001 King of Prussia Plaza (at the Mall)
King of Prussia, PA

7:00 PM. I'm going to call and see if I can reserve a table for 10 or so.

Anyone else coming?

OK - 7PM!

Gary

Great! See everyone at 7:00 PM. Our table is reserved under "Anthony".

OK 7pm for me and Mrs. Z better tell them to throw in a few extra seats I invited Geoff and Frank

You folks sound like you're having way too much fun!
Enjoy the get-together.

Thanks Riki. It's a great bunch for sure.

Adam, I'll get them to add a few seats. We'll make it work!

Somebody please bring a camera as I can not freakin find mine.

Ugh -- this was close enough for me if we'd been in eastern PA this weekend!

I flew the 205 back to VVS Thursday AM, then loaded the rest of the storage in my hangar at KWAY and cleaned it out and removed the lock. More details here.

Checked in with John Strope -- the Chief should be ready by Monday. Hopefully one day this week I can run out there and fly it to its new home in Smoketown! The end of moving is in sight!!!!

Last edited:
Dang, been away from POA for a little while and just saw this thread. Would have definitely tried to make the gathering. Next time.

Jim

Back