Pharmacy records

flyingvet

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
flyingvet
Hello,

I am in the process of getting all my records together to apply for a special issuance for a medical certificate (third class). I have a history of anxiety/depression and have been on medications for it.

My question is, how many years of pharmacy records does the FAA usually ask for while applying for the SI? Requesting answers from people who have gone through the process.

TEN YEARS. You have to write away to the corporate office.

(This answer from the original petitioner for the SSRI pathway. I'll have to do. Been through the process as the HIMS AME >20 times).

Last edited:
TEN YEARS. You have to write away to teh corporate office.

(This answer from the original petitioner for the SSRI pathway. I'll have to do. Be through the process as the HIMS AME >20 times).

Thanks Dr. Chien - I have had some friends that got SI's for mental health issues tell me that they were asked for 3 years. But I see they can for up to 10.

You get ten so that you can substantiate "no recurrence" (for psychiatry depressive/anxiety situations). Since ten years is a psychiatry "reconsideration of the diagnosis" period, consensus, it can also do some other nice things for the application.

Back