Pets on Oxygen?

bstratt

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Canuck
Never thought of this until I saw Mike Andrews post on the flying labrador but at what point, and more interestingly how, do you provide oxygen to dogs/cats/or any other pet when flying? I know my lab wouldn't be too happy having something stuck up his nose!

bstratt said:
Never thought of this until I saw Mike Andrews post on the flying labrador but at what point, and more interestingly how, do you provide oxygen to dogs/cats/or any other pet when flying? I know my lab wouldn't be too happy having something stuck up his nose!

Real flyin' dogs don't need no stinking oxygen; they get ram air pressure with their snouts out the window... <G>

Dave Krall CFII said:
Real flyin' dogs don't need no stinking oxygen; they get ram air pressure with their snouts out the window... <G>
LOL! My GSD is only good to about 45mph. She gets the sneezes after that. ;)

bstratt said:

I used to fly with an ex girlfriends yellow lab a lot. We stayed under 15k and the only noticable problem was the dog "depressurizing" her intestines in the plane. Had to keep the vents in my face, sheesh...:eek: She never seemed discomforted though and stayed perky and happy. I avoided taking her into the Flight Levels though for the O2 reason. I tried to put a Scott mask on her, but she just pawed it off. That dog loved to fly though, the back shelf in the plane was her home.

I've taken the O2 off while at 15.5. (I wasn't PIC at the time). I didn't notice much just sitting there. I think dogs should be fine, as long as they don't run around the plane sucking up oxygen. :) They should be more sleepy anyways.

I've flown with my two labs at 15,000 for about an hour. They didn't say anything about it so I'm hoping I didn't do any harm. Although the yellow one acts pretty goofy sometimes.

I fly up to 10,000 with them all the time.

Chip

Brian Austin said:
LOL! My GSD is only good to about 45mph. She gets the sneezes after that. ;)

75mph down the interstate and both our boxers have their heads out the window and love it.

Back