Pet Peeves

Lazy people

is it then hard to wake up a whopping ten minutes earlier so you don't have to drive like a blithering idiot and endanger the lives of every other law abiding person on the road.
And put your frigging phones down! Who the hell are you talking to at quarter to six in the morning?

Radio personalities

Knock it off with all that fake laughing, nobody is that happy at five am. Morning radio is the worst, how about some decent news reports, personal interest stories and knock it off with all the stupid unfunny jokes, constant fake laughter and idiocy.

Radio personalities

Knock it off with all that fake laughing, nobody is that happy at five am. Morning radio is the worst, how about some decent news reports, personal interest stories and knock it off with all the stupid unfunny jokes, constant fake laughter and idiocy.

Thank you. I hate radio personalities. I especially hate them.... and, well, anyone who talks... in the morning.

Safety warning:

Do not approach Cajun till after 10AM and she's had her coffee. :D:D

This is true. Here's an adorable pic of lil' Cajun from her early days...

upload_2016-9-9_9-13-16.png

My mom took this one morning after mistakenly telling me to say, "Cheese!" with a cheerful smile on her face. :mad:

I always thought they started me on coffee around this time as a local cultural thing (...not sure if it's still the case, but where I grew up in southern Louisiana it wasn't uncommon for kids to start on "coffee milk" at a very young age). Now I wonder if they did it because they were scared of me otherwise. And rightfully so.

My neighbors in this triplex I live in the basement of. There are about ten people in a two bedroom apartment above us.

Last night I looked outside in the window well and there is a bag of their dirty diapers. Nope. Not gonna have it. So I walked up to their door and knocked hard enough to get everyone's attention. A guy comes to the door and I explained the problem.

He said in a stoned manner, "can you show me?"

Yeah, you moron, I'll show you. He stared at the bag like it was string theory. I jumped down in the window well since he was incapable of much of anything. I threw the bag up on the sidewalk and climbed back out. He just stared down the window well. I told him to make sure this behavior stops, picked up the bag, walked seven feet to the dumpster, threw it in, and walked downstairs to my home. He was still staring blankly at the window well.

I don't think much got through to him but next time I'm involving the landlord and maybe some spite. This is probably the fifth time I've thrown their diapers away. Last time I put it on their front step.

I don't think much got through to him but next time I'm involving the landlord and maybe some spite. This is probably the fifth time I've thrown their diapers away. Last time I put it on their front step.

I thought you were supposed to put the s**t in a paper bag and light it on fire, then ring their doorbell.

No wait...that's dog poop. Oh well.

Lazy people

is it then hard to wake up a whopping ten minutes earlier so you don't have to drive like a blithering idiot and endanger the lives of every other law abiding person on the road.
And put your frigging phones down! Who the hell are you talking to at quarter to six in the morning?

Radio personalities

That'd mean they'd have to get up at 3 AM and find some people awake doing stuff to put in special interest stories not already covered the night before and every hour all night overnight by the 24 hour news cycle. Hahaha.

The drivers are the afternoon show producers hunting for stories. Hahahaha.

Safety warning:

Do not approach Cajun till after 10AM and she's had her coffee. :D:D

f0bccddaad00578d04f4dab7f5774295.jpg

Pop up ads.

There is a State website that has some turf replacement rebate program that is COVERED WITH GOOGLE ADS which I CANNOT GET RID OF and I CAN'T READ THE DAMN WEB PAGE.

Pop up ads.

There is a State website that has some turf replacement rebate program that is COVERED WITH GOOGLE ADS which I CANNOT GET RID OF and I CAN'T READ THE DAMN WEB PAGE.

If you're running Firefox download "No Google Analytics". It stops most of their BS.

1. Amber Alerts on phones

I had an Amber Alert pop up on my phone. The second I unlocked the phone, it was gone. For good. There was no way to retrieve it to read it. Nevermind that it's somewhat of an invasive technology on the phone, but if you're going to set up a feature like that, why wouldn't you make it functional? It's disfunctional.

2. Amber Alerts

Fast forward the next day. I see it in the news. The Amber Alert. It was a mother, taking her baby. Sorry, but I'm not going out of my way to settle a custody dispute. Leave that for the courts. It kind of defeats the whole purpose of the system, which is to protect little kids from predators. If nearly every Amber Alert is a simple custodial violation, people will ignore them. I would.

3. Three pack shirts in different colors.

Okay, this really gets me upset. I wear tank tops at the gym. I can't even buy damn tank tops individually at the store anymore. If they have them, they are either gaudy, or in gay pastel colors. I found a brand of tank top that I really like. They are made by Hanes. They are in a three pack. One black, one gray, one white. I want... black tank tops. I don't want gray ones. I f***ing hate white. Why can't you just sell me a three pack of tank tops IN ONE COLOR SO I CAN BUY THE COLOR I WANT. If I sound angry it's because I'm angry.

"It's not rocket surgery." Unless this an intentional mixed metaphor.
It's not rocket science OR It's not brain surgery, but there is no such thing as surgery on rockets.

My spine.
I have always had a bad back but last week I got up from my office chair to get some coffee and POW! Out went the back. Over a week later and it is still causing me to be as miserable as possible.

My spine.
I have always had a bad back but last week I got up from my office chair to get some coffee and POW! Out went the back. Over a week later and it is still causing me to be as miserable as possible.

I know what that's like. Sorry to hear you're in one of those weeks...

Thank you. I shouldn't even be at work let alone off my bed but my students need someone to keep them in learning mode.

Yup. Been there, done that. Time to make the donuts.

I think the weirdest one was a few years ago, stepped into the shower in the morning, standing completely still enjoying the warm water and the morning wake up time, and just the normal act of keeping one's balance moved a back muscle the wrong way and you feel it slip into the "bad zone". Boink.

Then you stand there thinking, "it'd be nice if that would move back or it's going to suck getting out of this shower in a few minutes..."

Also had the opposite happen once... was in a wedding that day and plowing through it. Another guy in the wedding party says he needs help during intermission to go out the race car seat back in his car for a race the next morning, so while bride and groom are inbetween venues we boogie over to his house and I warn him I can't lift much but I can hand him tools. He says that's cool.

We throw sweats over the tuxes and get to it. He manages to get the seat in by himself and I'm handing him stuff. As I turn to the workbench and grab another tool to hand him, for some reason I didn't duck to hand it through the passenger side. Instead I ram my head sideways into the top of his car.

He immediately says, "you ok? That was loud!"

I had gone silent, not because it hurt (my head did hurt) but because somehow I had managed to wack my head at just the perfect angle to pop nearly every vertebrae from neck to butt in a row like dominoes and it felt FANTASTIC! Crrrrrraaaaaaccccckkkk! Hahaha.

The joke to this day is that I'm stopping by to beat my head on his racecar anytime my back acts up in the future.

I was even able to reach inside and help contort myself in the usual race car ways to help him get the seat bolted back down and the rest of the stuff that had been removed to pull the seat out, reattached.

We stripped off the sweats over the tuxes and made it back to the reception before the happy couple showed up and we had to tell the groom months later about how we fixed a race car and my back on his wedding day, since he never noticed we were gone.

Don't laugh too hard. I know that probably hurts. ;)

I had to get out a calculator to figure out how much that is!

Nope. We've always done things around here with circular slide rules we call "metal landing calculators", and it doesn't matter that there's better options. You shall use one. ;)

It's not rocket science OR It's not brain surgery, but there is no such thing as surgery on rockets.
Gotta say this makes me cringe when I read it too.

Ahhh... but there IS brain science...

Besides if you had your very own rocket in your backyard that you made from spare parts, you could say whatever you wanted about it, right? You might be having a beer with your buddy showing off your rocket and you guys come up with a semi-drastic change that needs to be done. As you start ripping into your extremely fragile toy your wife shows up and tells you to keep the noise down. Your buddy (while holding your and his beer) may explain you are busy doing some surgery on your rocket. Who's to argue with him? After all it's all in the eye of the beer-holder...

(I think it's an intentional mixed metaphor - it is when I say it anyway) ;D

My dad had a saying, when talking about a nearly sure thing...

"I'll bet you a dollar to a donut that..."

I'll bet they never anticipated that someday a donut could cost a dollar - or more!

Yep, been hearing and saying that since the days when donuts were 2 for $1 in the school cafeteria . . . These days, not sure the libs allow donuts at school, can't even pass out Valentines cards any more.

Back