Pet Peeves

If we are going to talk about wearing pajamas to work, how about Military pilots who hang around the office in flight suits with no intention of going flying? ;)

:stirpot:

(I did see some announcement that the NORTHCOM commander was banning it this year. A never ending insider military debate... I have no dog in the fight, just pointing it out to rile up the peanut gallery... 'Cause that's what we do here!)

That's one of the best perks of the job. 13 years now I've been getting ready for work with a "step-step, zip". :)

Gross. I didn't even know such a thing existed.

I am a coffee drinker, and I like the smell, but chocolate covered coffee beans? :vomit:

They're actually a crunchy tasty little treat. Just limit yourself to a couple of them and not a bag like any other sweet... :)

They're actually a crunchy tasty little treat. Just limit yourself to a couple of them and not a bag like any other sweet... :)

I found that out last night, around 10pm, when I had a handful and ended up staring at the ceiling all night.

Okay, here's my pet peeve of the day. I just had lunch at one of those new up and coming chain burger joints. The kind where you go up and order, they dial everything in to the computer, give you a pager, and you go up and get your stuff ten minutes later.

After ringing in the order, the cashier girls (all of them) say "Excuse me while I call in your order" and proceed to turn around and yell the order to the cooks.

1. They probably can't understand what's being shouted anyway. At any rate they aren't listening.

2. Even if they were listening they won't remember ten minutes later when they actually get to making the order.

3. They are working off an order screen anyway just like any other fast food place.

WHY do they do this? All it does is waste time.

When people sign emails with "Thanks" when they're not thanking anyone for anything. Just got this email from a professor.

More practice problems have been posted, some with solutions.

Thanks,

[xxx]

What is she thanking me for? I certainly didn't do anything worthy of thanks. Bothers me every time people do it.

WHY do they do this? All it does is waste time.

Why the girl does that:
- because the manager told her to

Why did the manager tell her to:
- because the franchise standards manual says so.

It's supposed to make you feel like you have been teleported back to the 50s when at some burger joint in Kansas this was the mode of communication.

Why the girl does that:

It's supposed to make you feel like you have been teleported back to the 50s when at some burger joint in Kansas this was the mode of communication.

Just to be clear - you do not need to be teleported back to the 50s to some burger joint in Kansas. Any time in a 2012 Kansas burger joint will do.

Carry on.

Matt (in Kansas)

Why the girl does that:

That was a rhetorical question, but yes. It just appears so phoney. Nobody appears to be fooled by it.

When people make a minor tweak to an existing thread and start a new one so similar that people then confuse the two.

When people make a minor tweak to an existing thread and start a new one so similar that people then confuse the two.

When people don't support the gratuitous post threads of those that support theirs.

Hey, it's Christmas!

You two are much better than this at cutting throats. :)

Two examples...same problem...

#1 You can't buy replacement blades for wipers anymore at the local parts store. You gotta buy the entire assembly. So, instead of spending $7, you spend $25.

#2. You can't buy replacement blades for tape measures at the local hardware or home improvement store. So, instead of spending $10, you spend $30.

OK, here's mine.

The Super Bowl is coming up, and lots of companies are using the event to advertize their big screen TV sale, their special on chicken wings, their sale on soda pop, etc.

Everyone knows what they are talking about when the ad says "just what you need for the Big Game"

They have to use the term "Big Game" - they can't say "Super Bowl" because the term is an NFL copyright.

Sheesh - gimmie a break.

PS - Hope I don't get sued for using the "S.B." words in this rant.

Resurrecting this thread.

Annoying when a student private pilot who JUST solo'd after 70 or so hours and complained about how expensive it was to get that far and then she heard that I started doing Instrument training and decided that she wants to do that next. I'll say it here since I can't say it to her "FLYING ISN'T FREE! RELAX. FLY PP FOR A LITTLE BIT AND SEE IF IT'S EVEN WORTH IT TO YOU!" Gosh. Granted some play the "Whoever has the most certificates wins or it's a competition or something but no one is going to out certificate the Kings so get the ones you need. Sure getting a MEL would be interesting skill but I have no interest in flying them and they're more expensive and I like the Warrior. Okay I feel better. Thanks!

Sandwich store workers who pile twice as much meat on my sandwich as the company requires.

70 hours to solo. wow

That's what I was thinking. I had already flown from WI to AR on a long cross country vacation with my wife by the time I had ~70 hours.

Sounds like some CFI had a boat payment to make.

Ya know whenever someone posts in this thread an angle gets her wings. And then god emails me and complains wings are in short supply.

Sandwich store workers who pile twice as much meat on my sandwich as the company requires.

You dislike this?!?! Just take some off.

My pet peeve is when somebody makes a group order a cheese pizza because they don't like pepperoni, and then proceeds to eat ONE piece, leaving the rest of the pizza for the pepperoni-loving group to eat half-heartedly. JUST TAKE THEM OFF!!!

Wen ppl use txt shrthnd 2 type on forums & email & also dont use gud grammar or pnctation & run there sentences on & on so it m8ks it hard 2 reed it t8ks me longer 2 reed than it wud if they wud hav just typed it & also dont no where 2 put periods & commas & 's or wen 2use there or their or they're or reed or read...

You dislike this?!?! Just take some off.

Messy after they slather waay too much mayo on the thing.

My pet peeve is when somebody makes a group order a cheese pizza because they don't like pepperoni, and then proceeds to eat ONE piece, leaving the rest of the pizza for the pepperoni-loving group to eat half-heartedly. JUST TAKE THEM OFF!!!

I found that most pizza places will do 1/2 1/2 pies (which comes in handy if you have my kids).

I found that most pizza places will do 1/2 1/2 pies (which comes in handy if you have my kids).

But if you're cheap and get little caesars hot and ready, it's all or none.

Two examples...same problem...

#1 You can't buy replacement blades for wipers anymore at the local parts store. You gotta buy the entire assembly. So, instead of spending $7, you spend $25.

#2. You can't buy replacement blades for tape measures at the local hardware or home improvement store. So, instead of spending $10, you spend $30.

Dunno about No 1 (haven't bought wipers lately). As for No 2, the tape measures at Dollar Tree are good enough for me.

Now on the subject of tools, it has come to my attention that jigsaw blades with a screw hole are getting very hard to find. Planned obsolescence? I expect my old Craftsman Jigsaw to outlast me - but may soon be obsolete for lack of blades.

Dave

People who think you gain any time based on the speed you drive in a McDonalds or elementary school parking lot.

Talking heads who crow about "the Dow surging to record levels" while conveniently forgetting that inflation has quietly eroded our money to the point where the Dow would have to hit 17,500 to match the baseline of 2007.

Sitting on a United flight last Thursday the FA got on the PA just before shutting the door and welcomed us all on board.

Those infernal phone systems that basically say "We don't want to speak with you" and you can never get through to a real live person.:mad2::mad2:

Captain, I'm ready to go down in flames with you brother. Mother****ers just posed me off.

Captain, I'm ready to go down in flames with you brother. Mother****ers just posed me off.

Yeah, I've been reading that thread too. I know if I get involved it'll go south quick.

Back