Pet Peeves (Barnstormers version)

Rigged4Flight

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Rigged4Flight
- NO PICTURES ON THE AD
So you want me to spend tens of thousands of my dollars on your plane, and you couldn't be bothered to take any pictures? At all? Really?

- NO PICTURES OF THE PANEL/COCKPIT/ENGINE
Those 3 pictures you took of your plane with the cover on from 50 feet away were totally awesome. I actually believe that this is your plane and you're not trying to scam me or anything. Totally.

- BLURRY PICTURES OF THE PANEL/ENGINE
I get it. I really do. Your wife hates the time you spend with your plane and now she's making you sell. Dude, I'm right there with you. But it looks like you intentionally licked the camera lens on a cold day and then took only one picture of the panel with the sun angle just perfect so that I could almost (with my eyes squinted) tell that you were inside a plane. Buddy, I feel you. Just tell the wife that nobody wants your plane. Maybe I'll see you at the FBO and we'll have a good laugh about wives and the things they make us do.

I am not a fan of PPL hobby pilots, logs tend to be a mess, little known about the mx/ADs other than "my mechanic says the plane is great" poor engine management often, dont balance props or the other little things, its like buying a car from a 16yr old.

No pictures, no price, and saying 'serious inquiries only' or 'no tire kickers' almost in a crusty old sea-hag type voice tells me this guy is an asshat I don't want to give my money to anyway.

Probably a Yankee. :D;)

I am not a fan of PPL hobby pilots, logs tend to be a mess, little known about the mx/ADs other than "my mechanic says the plane is great" poor engine management often, dont balance props or the other little things, its like buying a car from a 16yr old.

16 year old with no money.

Pictures in ads are kinda over rated IMO. Yeah, they are nice to have, but they lie. I can't remember how many planes I've been sent to look at that were not close to as nice as the pictures represented.

Be thankful for them taking their wares out of consideration early and easily.

Pictures in ads are kinda over rated IMO. Yeah, they are nice to have, but they lie. I can't remember how many planes I've been sent to look at that were not close to as nice as the pictures represented.
To an extent, but when you combine no pictures, scant information and the words 'Serious inquiries only!"......Txflyer is right - that spells Asshat!

I've run across a few ads where the pictures are very small.

When I was looking there were a lot of ads like that, and if you emailed them for larger pictures or more pictures if you were lucky enough to get a response more often than not they'd send the exact same pictures the same size.

The call for price thing bugs me any time I see that I move on.

Not that I have the money to buy a plane right now

To an extent, but when you combine no pictures, scant information and the words 'Serious inquiries only!"......Txflyer is right - that spells Asshat!

Oh true, it does not mean the advertiser isn't an asshat!:rofl: But then, the presence of pictures isn't any assurance they aren't an asshat either though.:lol:

Girl that says her body type is "Average" and ends up being a whale. Oh wait...wrong site

The call for price thing bugs me any time I see that I move on.

Not that I have the money to buy a plane right now

Or not even having that, I'm tempted to call and ask when I can come by to pick my free plane up, no price means you don't want anything for it right?

So what are you saying? You're better off buying from some airline pilot? What a joke that is. :rolleyes2:

Seems like a lot of planes listed for sale now aren't really "for sale". Those fellas should really grow some co-jones and tell their wife they don't want to sell if that's the case.

The real kicker seems to be that when someone actually wants to sell... they think the plane is worth what the rest of the overpriced planes are listed for and can't seem to understand why everyone isn't beating down their door.

Seems like a lot of planes listed for sale now aren't really "for sale". Those fellas should really grow some co-jones and tell their wife they don't want to sell if that's the case.

The real kicker seems to be that when someone actually wants to sell... they think the plane is worth what the rest of the overpriced planes are listed for and can't seem to understand why everyone isn't beating down their door.
Werd.jpg

So what are you saying? You're better off buying from some airline pilot? What a joke that is. :rolleyes2:

I thought he meant he prefers working with brokers or dealers. I'm a "PPL Hobby" pilot and I'm pretty involved with my plane, but the guy I bought it from wasn't and he was a "professional".

Back