"Personal Physician" question

MedicineMan

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
MedicineMan
I do not go to doctor unless I "have to", and many times that is out of town.
So there is not really a "personal physician" in my life.

I am wondering if the "every 4 year personal physician" visit can be done during one of my "every 2 years CDL/DOT physical" visits.

The Docs are "National Registry" for DOT and FMCSA, so I would think so.... but.... "government".

"State licensed" is the only requirement.

Bob

I don't see why not . . . A registered physician is a registered physician. Just do the settle for the RN or PA, and you should be good. My plan is to do the checklist at my annual physical anyway.

Last edited:
Hmmmm. The Minute Clinics at CVS and Walgreens?

Another option is a doc in the box at a truck stop. I'm and out in minutes.

Yeah like we believe that's why you go to a truck stop. Couldn't be some of that "me love you long time" out in the parking lot could it? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Could Dr. Nick do it? :D

250px-Billboard_Homer_The_Whopper.png

If they will do a DOT checkup then yes. Another option is a doc in the box at a truck stop. I'm and out in minutes.
The comment about the DOT checkup made me think of our local "Urgent Care" doc box that does our employee whiz quizzes. A check of their web page shows they do the DOT physicals. (For the locals, it's Minor Emergency of Denton near Guyer High School).

I think I'll print out AC 68.1, and go visit them to see what they say about conducting the BasicMed exams.

I do not go to doctor unless I "have to", and many times that is out of town.
So there is not really a "personal physician" in my life.

I am wondering if the "every 4 year personal physician" visit can be done during one of my "every 2 years CDL/DOT physical" visits.

The Docs are "National Registry" for DOT and FMCSA, so I would think so.... but.... "government".

Not an expert: But I think by "personal physician" they want a doc that's working for you. That's different than when you go to get an FAA/DOT exam. Those visits are not generally a "physical" as much as a verification that you meet the licensing requirements of FAA and other DOT/CDL. A "personal physician" would be working for you and not an agency. You could use the same doc, but you'd need to make sure he understands that the physical he does for you is actually for you. He's going to be looking at things for your health benefit and not the FAA/DOT standards.

...I think.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back