Permission to send PMs via “conversations”

Mass Flyer

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Mass Flyer
It appears I need permission turned on to be able to send private messages via the conversation function. Can a mod turn that on for me please?

Brand new users cannot send PMs- you will gain that ability automatically after a few posts.

I’ve been a user since 2020
It should work now, but it’s not based on length of membership, it’s based on post count. I think 5 posts is the magic number.

I'm trying to understand who on this board wants to receive a PM from some rando non-contributor with 3 posts in as many years. I feel like the forum "protections" are working, but there is probably some edge case I am not thinking about.

I'm trying to understand who on this board wants to receive a PM from some rando non-contributor with 3 posts in as many years. I feel like the forum "protections" are working, but there is probably some edge case I am not thinking about.
Someone with something to buy/sell, maybe? :dunno:

Exactly -- I'm in the same boat. Newish / infrequent contributor, and there's a buy / sell post from that I'd really like to reply to. Guess I'll just find places to add my $0.02 (like here...).

I don’t want to go around making nonsense post just so I can send a PM. I guess I’ll have to, so here’s one

I don’t want to go around making nonsense post just so I can send a PM. I guess I’ll have to, so here’s one
Can't you make a sensible response to an existing thread? Or perhaps ask a serious question? Or even just make an introductory post and describe yourself and/or your plane.
I'm sure you have something to offer that isn't nonsense.
You don't want to be another eman; do you?
Some of us are well-versed at it

Back