Permanent Airman Certificate

teethdoc

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
teethdoc
My temporary expires 10/8/13 and I have not gotten my permanent hard license yet. I called the FSDO, but of course they are closed due to shutdown. Any suggestions?

My temporary expires 10/8/13 and I have not gotten my permanent hard license yet. I called the FSDO, but of course they are closed due to shutdown. Any suggestions?

Why that isn't an automated process that queries the IACRA system every night and spits out the permanent cards for mailing the next day will never cease to amaze me. Only a govt bureaucracy can languish in such inefficiency.

Well all the inspectors are furloughed as well so who's going to check the date on your temporary certificate?

For future reference, If it gets to the 90th day and you don't have the permanent certificate, contact whoever issued the temporary right then so you don't run into this wall at Day 120.

Still waiting on my permanent as well. This gov't shutdown has now officially hit home for me. In hopes of expediting the receipt of my permanent certificate, I retract all of my previous opinions re: the Affordable Care Act and instead now believe that the full and immediate funding of our federal gov't is essential to our nation's ongoing prosperity.

Still waiting on my permanent as well. This gov't shutdown has now officially hit home for me. In hopes of expediting the receipt of my permanent certificate, I retract all of my previous opinions re: the Affordable Care Act and instead now believe that the full and immediate funding of our federal gov't is essential to our nation's ongoing prosperity.
When did you take your check ride?

For future reference, If it gets to the 90th day and you don't have the permanent certificate, contact whoever issued the temporary right then so you don't run into this wall at Day 120.
What if that person was a FAA inspector? I renewed my CFI at the FSDO last month so I have a temporary. It's not an issue for me if it expires because I'm not going to be giving instruction anytime soon but I was just thinking about others who might be in that position. These days you need an appointment to see an inspector and I doubt they are giving them out.

It sounds like the work slowdown, er shutdown started long before the weekend.

You need to look at the bigger picture, and keep flying. ;)

Why that isn't an automated process that queries the IACRA system every night and spits out the permanent cards for mailing the next day will never cease to amaze me. Only a govt bureaucracy can languish in such inefficiency.

The FAA like all of the other bureaucracies is using computer programs designed for government, inefficient, lots of problems but come with "tech support" at a high price. These companies do not fix the issues because then it means the possible loss of a contract.

The majority of the programs don't talk to each other. I have spent hours on a phone with the "help desk" trying to resolve problems in the past.

As long as the current procurement procedures are in place don't expect any better.

The FAA like all of the other bureaucracies is using computer programs designed for government, inefficient, lots of problems but come with "tech support" at a high price. These companies do not fix the issues because then it means the possible loss of a contract.

The majority of the programs don't talk to each other. I have spent hours on a phone with the "help desk" trying to resolve problems in the past.

As long as the current procurement procedures are in place don't expect any better.

Precisely why govt never accomplishes anything efficiently. It would be comical if it the end results weren't so destructive to all of us.

Back