Permanent address

Lazy

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
lazy8s
So I am a college student that currently attends a university in Michigan. I am originally from Wisconsin. I no longer have a Wisconsin driver's license, I have a Michigan driver's license and I hold residency in MI. My pilot's license says my WI address, should I change that to my MI address to match my drivers license?

What is on your driver's license is of NO consequence. You must have an address with the FAA your currently valid MAILING ADDRESS. This is so they know where to send the notice of violations to. There's no obligation to have your current address on your pilot certificate, but the FAA will send you a new one for $2 if you want (once you change your address with them).

As stated above. An address where you can get your mail is good.

For a few years I worked in Alaska but used my moms address in Texas to receive mail. And the FAA found me when they wanted to....:(

In accordance with the Code of Federal Regulations, FAA certificate holders are required to update their mailing address within 30 days of obtaining a new address.

A Post Office Box is not acceptable as a residence address. A residence address must be furnished. If you want us to use your P.O. Box rather than your residence as your mailing address you may provide both.

If your residence address is listed as General Delivery, Rural Route, or Star Route, you must provide directions or a map for locating the residence. You are not required to obtain a new FAA certificate showing your new address. If you would like a replacement certificate, please request a replacement online or indicate your desire for a replacement and include a $2.00 replacement fee with the change of address information.

https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/update_address/

And your shiny new plastic certificate will now include "English Proficient" even if your current one does not. :rolleyes:

"Permanent address" strikes me as a very strange term. I'd way prefer the option of moving sometime in the next fifty years.

The regs have no concept of permanent address. You must indicate where you currently are, regardless of how long you intend to stay there.

The problem I have is that the list "English Proficient" in the "Limitations" section.

And your shiny new plastic certificate will now include "English Proficient" even if your current one does not. :rolleyes:

Do they mark it "Google proficient" when you can find the address website and instructions all on your own? ;)

And the airman registry will show the date your new cert was printed as the 'date issued'. So when you crash, poorly infomed press drones can pontificate on how you only got your license a couple of months ago.

Back